• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You never know who's spying on you......

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Tough call...

They were able to identify the shitbag who was sending threatening messages (to the school principal, I believe), boasting that he'd never be found.... So, in this case it was a good thing....

Since I NEVER break the law (assuming what we're doing here is not illegal), upstanding citizen that I am, I'd like to say I don't have any reservations about my government having this kind of capability - but I do have reservations....

Tough call. At what point is the cost of security too great?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
cdzsmith1 said:
Tough call...

They were able to identify the shitbag who was sending threatening messages (to the school principal, I believe), boasting that he'd never be found.... So, in this case it was a good thing....

Since I NEVER break the law (assuming what we're doing here is not illegal), upstanding citizen that I am, I'd like to say I don't have any reservations about my government having this kind of capability - but I do have reservations....

that point passed along time ago.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
hk45ca said:

I'm not sure that opinion is universally held. I'd rather not have this degenerate into comments like, "every thinking person says it has", with the response being: "every thinking person in MoveOn.Org", so I'll just leave it at my original comment, and not be drawn into a non-productive arguement. That's not to say I'm right, but I'm not sure what the answer is. Given the piss poor approval rating of the president - and the even lower approval rating of the other-party dominated Congress (33% and 24% respectively, according to the AP July poll), I'm just unhappy that our elected representatives on either side of the aisle can't seem to figure it out either.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
cdzsmith1 said:
hk45ca said:

I'm not sure that opinion is universally held. I'd rather not have this degenerate into comments like, "every thinking person says it has", with the response being: "every thinking person in MoveOn.Org", so I'll just leave it at my original comment, and not be drawn into a non-productive arguement. That's not to say I'm right, but I'm not sure what the answer is. Given the piss poor approval rating of the president - and the even lower approval rating of the other-party dominated Congress (33% and 24% respectively, according to the AP July poll), I'm just unhappy that our elected representatives on either side of the aisle can't seem to figure it out either.

it is just my personal opinion.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
cdzsmith1 said:
If they couldn't catch him through conventional methods they were pretty useless. :shock:

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
pugwash said:
cdzsmith1 said:
If they couldn't catch him through conventional methods they were pretty useless. :shock:

+1

gen

Known Member
6/2/07
cdzsmith1 said:

Agree it's a tough call. My thoughts run something like: At what point does our government turn into
a dictatorship?

I understand the crime rate in N. Korea is almost NIL as restrictions on their people's movement is really
really absurd, interenet access is non-existent, etc. etc. Do we really want our government to be onto
our every move, and dictate what we should or should not do? Chill my bones....

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Breaking the law.....breaking the law....

beavis_and_butthead_experience_front.jpg