• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How close is this to Authentic?

jkgoff2007

Horology Curious
24/6/07
Just curious of how high of quality this is? Or is it just that expensive because of the solid gold dial? I'm new at this , but I cant seem to find an authentic one like this? What watch can I buy that is closest to an Authentic ( any brand) ? I am looking for something that I just need to modify slightly for starters until I get better and know what I am doing.
Thanks

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?m ... cts_id=939

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Honestly... at first glance it may not be that bad, but no rep has EVER come close to the detail and craft that goes into Patek.....

Paulrnyn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/07
Back is wrong and i dont know if they make a textured dial like that.

jkgoff2007 said:
Just curious of how high of quality this is? Or is it just that expensive because of the solid gold dial? I'm new at this , but I cant seem to find an authentic one like this? What watch can I buy that is closest to an Authentic ( any brand) ? I am looking for something that I just need to modify slightly for starters until I get better and know what I am doing.
Thanks

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
:shock: $1,558.00?????? :shock:

ok....it's got solid rose gold case.....so what.....that's just too much.....

i bet they haven't been able to sell 1 of these yet........ :?

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
A partner at my firm wears one of these, but with second @ 6 (I believe it's manual wind).

It's really gorgeous, (quite tiny though... looks to me... about 34 or 36 mm).

yeah, I also think 1.5K is a bit too much for a rep. It's quite nice looking though.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Ya gotta be one BIG ass Patek fan to pay that kind of money for a rep. If you're going to spend $1500 on a watch, why the HELL would you buy a rep that, as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, will be dead in five to ten years? I can think of about 30 or 40 gens that you could pick up for that much. And I can think of about a million and a half things I'd rather spend $1500 on than a watch anyway. Hence, my love of Reps.

jdavis

28/9/06
jkgoff2007 said:
Thanks

I agree with the others who say that $1,500 is a heavy price to pay for a replica watch. Even though it is solid 18k gold there can only be a few hundred dollars worth of gold in that case.
For a rep that is close to genuine, have a look at the Omega SMPs or the Perfect Clones Aqua Terra with alligator strap and ETA 2892 "clone" movement.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
i have the gen PP Calatrava ref.96 made in 1932...i got it from my father as a b-day gift when i turned 21...i never wear it...just sits in my watch box...

DSC02063.jpg

robc_uk

25/11/06
$1.5K for a replica :shock: :shock:

You have got to be kidding me! I suppose Andrew and Josh have been reading all these posts about cruising the Med etc and decided we can afford to pay more.

Do you really believe it has a solid gold case?? Gold plate yes,but solid gold......I kinda doubt it.

Just my 2c on the 4th

Rob