• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jules Borel ripped me off?

evildee

13/9/06
I paid full price for a new movement and what I get is a surplus movement from Jules Borel.

Freaking crooks!

When I first got it I notice some smudges on the ratchet wheel and didn't really think they would deliver me a used piece. When I finally get to the pallet lever the entry and exit pallet tips were black!

img1469kg7.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Wow definietly a dirty lever. I just curious was this a Chinese movement?

bignasty

16/3/06
I heard that Otto Frei will do this with their movements, especially the 7750's they have listed for sale. Haven't had this happen personally as I've never purchased a movement from them, only other parts.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

8)

evildee

13/9/06
tourbillon1801 said:
what is a surplus movement????

It means the movement was used. And from my picture it says the movement was used for quite some time.

evildee

13/9/06
It just gets better. Found a cracked jewel!

I'm no watchmaker but that looks cracked.

img1536qp0.jpg

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
That is realy bullshit if i see this i get mad. Did you inform ofrei about this?

Greetings Navi

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
NAVIGATER said:
And eveldee thxx for the 2 lessons from TZ
I'd edit this out, as it implies Evildee is giving away TZ's course for free.

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
Good point, did not think about the thinks that can haooend after something like that. Than you also have to edit it

Greetings Navi :wink:

Camris

Known Member
21/5/07
Well, honestly as a watchmaker who works in a shop where we are the service center for over 21 lines of watches as well as being a retail outfit I see alot of watch movements and replacement movements.

The replacment movements we get directly from the factories can be really in bad shape and in most cases are not strait drop-ins, needing regulation and at worst cleaning before we can use them. As Enzo said mov'ts can come in two package forms, Sealed and Loose packed. I wouldn't be too worried about the movement if it is running and winding smoothly. As for your cracked jewel, I don't beleave it is cracked from the photo shown. cracks tend to be finer then that and tend to be on both sides of the jewel hole.

To me it looks more like a fiber which has pulled the oil out of the pivot hole along the jewel which would make sense with the pallet fork being dirty. But with out cleaning the jewel to inspect it I can't be 100% sure, but from the photo shown this is what I think it is.

However if your unhappy with JB then by all means contact them and get a movement your happy with.

Camris

evildee

13/9/06
I thought something was funny when the movement came in a cassette box. LOL.

Thanks guys, for informative post. I have a better understanding now.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
pugwash said:
I'd edit this out, as it implies &&&&&& is giving away TZ's course for free.

And I'd edit your quote... your carrying on the part that needs to be edited even after OP edits his post :shock: