• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch won't wind on winder.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
I just purchased a watch that does not wind when I leave it in my winder. Does that mean something is wrong with the movement? The movement is suppose to be an ETA and it is in a Day-Date.

Maximkala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/07
I have the same problem with Navitimer and Pam 029 - different movement in both. I think its a matter of the angle how you put your watch in the winder. Because Breitling started to wind with no problems.
But i might be very wrong.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Thanks, Maximkala
Lets see what the masses have to say.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
If it wont wind on a watch winder, try purchasing a watch un-winder which btw you have to purchase from the Southern Hemisphere.. it is possible that your rep was assembled down there! :wink:

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Ever since I have this watch, the water goes down counter clock wise :shock: It all seems clear now :roll:

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Joey, I have a few watches that wind in winder too. I dont know what it is but when i wear it, its fine and has no problems. I just keep in watchbox now.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
try reversing the direction of the winder..... my navitimer needs to wind one way or else it won't wind... it's a 28.8 A7750 movement.... ETA's will wind either way... but all Asians could be finicky....

so, switch it to the other direction and see how it does....

by the way, for those who are thinking of a sharper image silent winder... it will only wind 40mm and below watches from my experience as it can't swing the watch hard enough to get sufficient winding....

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Joey, a couple of things, did you wind your watch before you put it in the winder? If it isn't sufficiently wound it may run down before the winder winds it enough to keep it going. An eta 2824/34/36 will wind in either direction. Do other watches do OK when you put them on the winder?- this would indicate it is the watch its self.

I did have a winder that didn't revolve enough and eventually after 3-5 days all of my watches would stop. Trash can.

The 7750 only winds in one direction, but all of mine still do OK on the winders which wind both ways.

All of my eta's and chinese movts do OK on the winders, but I did have to get a gen Rolex serviced because it kept stopping after 4-5 days on the winder- it needed a cleaning and now it's OK.

And don't forget, you may have one of those eta's which needs to be serviced. I had one last month- it just stopped! Also, the click wheels which are the interface between the rotor and the winding stem and they are the weak link on the eta's.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Thanks, alligoat all my other watches wind perfectly. This one is working intermintly so I will deal with it for now.