• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MBW AP ROO

GolfBum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/10/06
Aloha,
Received from George - MBW AP ROO.
Thailand to Los Angeles in 7 days.
George is a O.k. guy.
:D

buckeye

11/4/06
I have this watch too (currently on the way back from Ziggy for a movement swap)...the dials are correct to the gen, but the watch functions with seconds @ 6.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
buckeye said:
I have this watch too (currently on the way back from Ziggy for a movement swap)...the dials are correct to the gen, but the watch functions with seconds @ 6.

for as much as these cost? you have to be kidding me. :shock:

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Just like the HBB, expensive with an Asian movement. Great watch nontheless.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
hk45ca said:
i am sure the dial shows the seconds at 12.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that it's telling the truth.

The gen has seconds-at-12 and the dial is a copy of the gen. The rep, I'd bet pennies to dollars, has seconds-at-9

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Pug is correct here...The dial is correct but the functionality is not.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
then i would say these are extremely inaccurate.

shultz

24/2/07
hk45ca said:

Exactly: I was truly interested in purchasing that AP ROO and did a lot of research on three rep boards and also on gen boards. The re is one noticable difference between the CN AP ROOs and the MBWs: MBW has a way better date mag and a correct dial. But as pointed out in tis thread: The running sec. is @ 9 because it is a simple 7750 (asian or swiss doesn't matter, subdial function is the same).

I tried ti figure out wether the case of the MBW is better than the CN version. But quite interesting: No info available. It is for sure that it isn't a sandwhich construction as the gen. And the screws do not have the full-length. It means the bezel screws just seem to be glued on.

I decided to stay away because that watch is not cheap. And a dcorrect ial but with a running sec. @ 9 is to inaccurate to pay the asking price....

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
shultz said:
hk45ca said:

Exactly: I was truly interested in purchasing that AP ROO and did a lot of research on three rep boards and also on gen boards. The re is one noticable difference between the CN AP ROOs and the MBWs: MBW has a way better date mag and a correct dial. But as pointed out in tis thread: The running sec. is @ 9 because it is a simple 7750 (asian or swiss doesn't matter, subdial function is the same).

I tried ti figure out wether the case of the MBW is better than the CN version. But quite interesting: No info available. It is for sure that it isn't a sandwhich construction as the gen. And the screws do not have the full-length. It means the bezel screws just seem to be glued on.

I decided to stay away because that watch is not cheap. And a dcorrect ial but with a running sec. @ 9 is to inaccurate to pay the asking price....

my sentiments too.

from what i can tell, the mbw case is better finished than the non mbws. and the bracelet has the beveled edges at the back so that it's more comfortable. the brushed finish is heaps finer and gives the mbw a sort of "glow" nt present in the non mbws.

PAM1A

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
....I have to add/summarise something for the MBW models:
- the MBW case is a bit higher than the CN version
- the date font and mag is very close to real...constructed like a sandwich, the lens lies inside the upper-dial
- the caseback engraving is different in numbering
- the bracelet is adjustable with 2 screws on each side of every link (4 pieces to adjust)
- the finish of the bracelet and the case is really superb and high quality...allthough this watch is a scratch-magnet....it will get scratched only by looking at it
- the dial itself is correct....the 60-seconds function on the 30-minute-counter-dial is bad....but I dont care

Maybe one day there will be a 7750 with running seconds at 12...or any other rep-chrono with this function...and then these thingies are ready for the swap whereas the CN version is not :p

I believe the missing datemag and the wrong date-hole-cut is the biggest give-away....bnut thats just my 0.02$

Theo