• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need help identifying the case this movt & dial goes i

rum_me_over

Horology Curious
26/2/07
Hey guys---I need a hand finding the right case for this mov't and dial I made an offer on--I offered 450 for it--it looks like the real deal right. I figure a 7750 would run me 300--so an xtra 150 for a dial and gen movement---why the hell not---but now I gotta source a rep case worthy of the project. I'm not too nuts about navis, but for the auhenticity factor--I cant pass it up. heres the link-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 838&rd=1,1

Thanks for the replies--L

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I can't be of any help, but good luck.
I was watching that auction, does seem like a great deal!

Good to know it is going to a RWI member.
There are some knowledgeable Navitimer people here, so hopefully they can guide you.

Cheers,
M

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Shoot Takashi a PM with the link to this post and ask him to take a look.

He should be able to help. :wink:

drhydro

23/3/06
I's be a little concerned about the condition of the movt- notice he doesn't say anything about whether it works, balance is good, etc... have you asked him questions?

rum_me_over

Horology Curious
26/2/07
I sent him a email--he says its in serviceable condition, but recommends a service. Would it be a ton of $$ to get it going itf its sat too long? I'm sure ziggy would be able to handle it.--whats the worst case scenario? thanks guys

rum_me_over

Horology Curious
26/2/07
One more Q---I might just use this for a swap into a super avenger (I'm thinking of getting ) and the navi build wont be an issue--The 7750 should be useable across the board right?

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
I thought you could get 7750 that work for $250-$300...so if ur just interested in the mvmt...i'd
forget this one and go for a mvmt that you know works

rum_me_over

Horology Curious
26/2/07
Yes, you can get a 7750 for 300, but I'm willing to pay more for the gen movement for a couple reasons. 1-I may end up using that dial after all---and may use it in the future if not now. 2- it has the correct date font. 3. I may be willing to donate the date wheel temporarily to one of the fellas on here (maybe for some assembly help) so we can finally get correct date wheel fonts...unless the datewheel is good old eta and not breit font on this one. BY THE WAY---will someone enlighten me to the currency of the font on this movement---will it work with another model Breit--thats a factor. Thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The datefont looks correct. Movement looks real. Dial too.

I would say it's worth what it's now. Movement may need full service (this will cost about 200USD).

What you need is just a rep case for this one. Dial needs to be slightly modded too (trimming) in order to fit to replica case.

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
did you ask about the actual condition?
If it is broken, there will most certainly appear high additional costs...

He does not say it is running, right? :?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It is stated as new old stock. You should make sure that it's working condition. If not, as seadweller said; can be expensive buy. Dial in those condition can run up to 100USD, I agree.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Not a big problem as I have done a successful transplant. Bezel ring is still dead giveaway though (the red markers won't line up properly even with genuine dial).

Importr has done at least 2 successful transplants too.

rum_me_over

Horology Curious
26/2/07
Would this date wheel be copyable? I think thats still something thats being worked on around here right?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
rum_me_over said:
Would this date wheel be copyable? I think thats still something thats being worked on around here right?

Yes. I am doing a project on it. I just need a really high resolution scan of it (scan, not from camera, to avoid parallax error). Perhaps a 600dpi. I would be really thankful if you can supply me with the picture.

Sapphire Ghost

Known Member
16/4/07
@taka - thanks for the clarification... this was something i was looking @ as well, but i think personally i'm going to put my funds towards a mass of other things i'm looking at