• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Possible to file down bezel pearl on PO?

justaguy88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/12/06
I've had my planet ocean now for about three months and it has been a fantastic, fantastic watch. The only noticeable flaw to me concerns the bezel pearl. It sits lopsided, the right side laying flush with the bezel and the left side sticking up about 1mm. Very hard to notice but from certain angles. That being said, it still bothers me.

I've thought about filing it down or possibley heating the bezel with a blowdryer and then trying to push the pearl further into the bezel, but I dont want to attempt either of these methods until asking around over here.

Can anyone knowledgeable with watch mods chime in and let me know what, if anything, I can do to fix this annoying little problem? Thanks!

lolex

15/4/07
At least yours is fixable I guess.Mine the small circle ring that outlines the pearl is loop sided.A complete bezel change with genuine is the only option.I have to agree with you,the 45mm PO eta 2824-2 is a fantastic watch!

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
hello

my PO had the same issue... my dealer will send me a new bezelinsert for free.

you can remove the pearl crystal and fill the pearl with glossy lume...i think it looks better that way.

here is a small picture of the pearl with removed crystal.

454545.jpg

brianrheffron

Horology Curious
26/2/07
I had exactly the same fault with the SMP PO45 supplied by Andrew.
I carefuly masked the bezel then buffed down the protruding pearl using
a nail buffing file from my wifes nail kit. This is a nail file/ polisher about
4 inches long by about 3/4 inch wide with 3 grades of abrasive and a softish
foam core to allow it to conform to the curvature of your nails.
I filed the pearl down flush to the surounding metal ring with the course abrasive
then brought it to a high gloss using the finer abrasive sections.
A bit "Heath Robinson" as we say in theUK but it worked perfectly.