• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone ever use Joomla to make websites?

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
Is this worth my time? How hard is it to web author with? I had someone swear by it - but it just looks like a royal pain in the ass to get started.

Anyone use it?

CISO

evildee

13/9/06
I use it. How hard is it depends on your knowledge on web development. I use it for all my clients, personal and business sites. It beats hiring a programmer. If you're into building sites it's definitely worth it.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I have a few websites (ok like 6 or more) and do HTML manually as well as occasionalkly use Front page or word . I also use Irfanview (yes I have photoshop--just never use/used it!) and my pages "ain't half bad" but one guy at ouir last rugby game was saying how great this was--all WYSIWYG and so forth and their site kicks Ass. It just seems like a mess to get set up as you have to upload it to your hosting service.I ave godaddy--anyone know if it works with that -linux based?

Thanks,

Lee

paulm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/07
CISO1969 said:
Is this worth my time? How hard is it to web author with? I had someone swear by it - but it just looks like a royal pain in the ass to get started.

Anyone use it?

CISO

May be a good idea to take a look at Joomla's forum re "security issues" before you decide to use it. hxxp://forum.joomla.org/

Good luck with whatever you decide to use.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
thanks guys. I think Ill stick with my old creaky html sites for now :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
I use BBEdit on MacOSX. Sure, I'm doing Ajax with perl or php these days, but nothing beats a real-time LAMP application server for previews. :D