• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best "bang for the buck" straps?

skitoolong

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/07
My eyes are getting crossed looking at all the straps.
Looking for my first nice leather strap for my 111H, who generally has nice quality stuff for not too much money?

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Well, that's a relative question. Too much money to someone else, is barely any money for another.

Is there a price range you are trying to stick in?

Right now, if I were to say the best strap for the money is a custom maker. You get what you specify. You can get pictures of a strap before it's sent to you. The strap is made "for you". The quality is not some run of the mill quality. And no one else will ever have a strap exactly like yours. Check out this thread for custom makers. Savage_here is a good one to start with. http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11308

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
As tootall said whats too much money? I don't think paying 120.00 for a strap is too much. Especially when you factor in the 39% coupon you can use on Elliot's site. Believe me you get what you pay for. BTW Savage looks like he makes a pretty nice strap for a very reasonable price. I kind of like the traditional stitched look though but that just my preference. Take a look at Greg Stevens also he makes a very nice strap. http://gregstraps.blogspot.com/

Sean K

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Toscana straps are under a hundred dollars on TC Straps site. They have a ton of colors and styles to choose from.

Sean K

andei3000

12/1/07
Watchinger Straps should also be considered, they have a lot of colours and very thick straps too (9mm thick) and price is
about 50 to 60 bucks.

Got some recently and I'm very satisfied

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Bob straps are very nice I have some pictures of my new 26mm Vertigo under another post. Very well made 59.99 shipped to me, great bang for the buck.

paulw

Horology Curious
9/12/06
I can second Bob Straps at Waccex.com(deal with Mac) and Toscana from Elliot at Elazarus(an RWI seller)

These two guys are great to deal with and have great products.

Look out for Elliots "Big Balls Specials"

skitoolong

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/07
I was looking at the BOB website. The straps were shown without buckles, are they all sold that way or with buckles?

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Savage is in the dealer section.

skitoolong said:
I'm not seeing Savage's site or address anywhere.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Every time I bought a Bob strap it's come with buckle, I've always dealt through their store on the Bay.

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
andei3000 said:
Watchinger Straps should also be considered, they have a lot of colours and very thick straps too (9mm thick) and price is
about 50 to 60 bucks.

By 9mm you mean total thickness? Or is that just one strap side thickness?

rek001

16/3/06
OK, hope I'm not thread crapping.
How about best bang for buck SHORT straps for Pam?
I have a 6.5" wrist.
Thanks!

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
rek001 said:
OK, hope I'm not thread crapping.
How about best bang for buck SHORT straps for Pam?
I have a 6.5" wrist.
Thanks!

Read my answer above. A custom strap maker. You cannot beat custom. Especially at the prices savage_here has.

Or... make one yourself. You will wear the one you make with a lot of pride.

andei3000

12/1/07
tootall said:
andei3000 said:
about 50 to 60 bucks.

By 9mm you mean total thickness? Or is that just one strap side thickness?

From the watchinger site:

watchinger-armbaender.de said:
Leatherstrap 24 mm. Color: Middlebrown. White Stitching. Length: 135 mm long part /85 mm short part. Thickness: 9 mm !!!! Handcrafted....Finest Saddleleather STRAP IS SOFT !!! Is a XXL Strap for strong Guys... All Straps are Handmade !! Please consider!! Measure please your arm extent. If it is not the correct size, write me simply a E-Mail with the correct size Standardsizes:115/75...120/80...125/85...130/90...135/95...140/95

the one I'm having is 8mm thick, I can post a pic after work to show you

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
andei3000 said:
the one I'm having is 8mm thick, I can post a pic after work to show you

Yeah that would be great. I think they mean total thickness, not one side thickness.

Oh, and as I posted in the other thread, these are not handmade, and are not saddle leather but shoe leather.

andei3000

12/1/07
@tootall:

Here ar some pics of the watchinger strap:

First one shows almost 9mm:

9mm.jpg

Second an overview of the strap, attached to an 111h Pam

111honwatchinger.jpg

Third wristshot of the strap shows, that I need to get hold of a "fiebings edge kote" to get the sides really dark

watchinger9mm.jpg

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Great shots, thanks!

I thought I had the record with 8mm. Now I got to bring out my 10mm monster. :p lol

Edge Kote will work to darken it up, but I am not sure how well it will adhere to the shoe leather. Shoe leather is made to resist things like that more so than another leather. But who knows, it may work well. It's cheap enough. Like $6 for a bottle of Edge Kote.

I did notice he is using two different types of leather here, so be careful when you apply the edge kote. The middle two layers will look different than the outer "wrapped layers".