• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Out of the Box Sub

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
bme said:
Deltick said:
Man, Hooeng's prices look good until you add $35 for shipping.

Order more than 1 and the shipping costs slide

to be exact the shipping cost for the 2nd watch is 5 of your US Dollars, besides 48 plus 35 is 81, not a bad price for a beginners sub......and definitely better than a Canal street copy.........take a look at the GMT II also

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
Day Late...and an ETA Clone Short

With all your help I made up my mind to go with River's sub today.
I also donated to RWI to get VIP status today.
Just got an e-mail from River "ALL OUT!"
Doh! :(

Now what?..."you mean out out?" "no mas?" "neva eva eva?" "last of the mohicans?"
"Can you go check in the back on the shelf?" "Is there a display model" "Is there a manican you can take one off?"

Alright new thread.....Second best sub outta the box :?

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
pugwash said:
Hooeng? Caveat Emptor. :shock:

How do you know? Have you tried them? Or is it because they don't have made up English names?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Vanti-- couple of things. I got River's $99 Sub, and I love it. Very smooth sweep. Bracelet and case are great. Pearl sucks, but they all do (I've heard that even the MBW pearls leave a lot to be desired). You may want to take a look at this thread, where BK, our resident Sub Cannibal(tm) went into all the tells of River's $99 Sub:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... 318#197318

BTW, Pug is right-- River is the ONLY dealer to my knowledge who sells a "real" ETA copy. Although some other dealers advertise having an "ETA Copy," in reality, it's nothing of the sort.

If River can't get anymore of the ETA Copy Sub, I'd suggest two alternatives. First, contact Ruby and ask her if she could possibly source the watch for you. She's generally pretty good about being able to find watches. If that doesn't work, I'd contact TTK (assuming you've got a lot of patience and are willing to follow his rules to the letter) and get one of his Noobmariners. TTK's Subs have the older Asian 21.6 beat rate, but the case and bracelet are identical to River's. So, aesthetically, it'll be the same.

If you're really dying to get an ETA, Silix sells one for $115, although they have some real problems visually (mainly, the rehaut is too short and conical).

D

d4m.test

Trevor has the ETA LV for $170 only. Same thing as River's $99 LV except it's a real ETA.
TWP used to list asian noobmariner too. Ask him. Narikaa has the same thing but he calls it nymphomariner. But he's on vacation.

-bk

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
Thanks Gents;
I was all set with the purchase, but now need to regroup.
While I have no issue spending $200 on a good rep, I was looking to get two Asians with nice aesthetics 8)
I'll wait to hear back on the future from River before I redirect my sights.
I want to keep it apples to apples for now and use his info to get an "intro" watch.
Cheers!

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
River's ETA copy

UPDATE:
I decided that two entry level Subs (Noobs) is better for me than just one good one (MBW or TW Best).
Based on the advice I sought here weeks ago, I placed an order with TTK for an LV Noobmariner and an order with River for the Black SS Sub with ETA copy.

The River Sub arrived today and I'm waiting for TTK to send me the 075 LV.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Re: River's ETA copy

vantri said:
UPDATE:
I decided that two entry level Subs (Noobs) is better for me than just one good one (MBW or TW Best).
Based on the advice I sought here weeks ago, I placed an order with TTK for an LV Noobmariner and an order with River for the Black SS Sub with ETA copy.

The River Sub arrived today and I'm waiting for TTK to send me the 075 LV.

i am quite sure you will be happy with both of the watches. in my opinion ttk's asian sub has the best overall look when all things are considered. as far as the asian movement? ask pugs, he has had his for quite some time now and as far as i know he is happy with it. it is defiantly damn good looking. i can't tell you how many people i have referred to that picture of his. it defiantly has the best dial in my opinion.