• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$53,000 fine for bringing in 7 (really bad) fake Rolexes

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Cramiekske said:
007 said:
Now, my TW best case doesn't have any Rolex marking. No serial number, no Orig Rolex Design, no etched crown on the crystal. I had an OEM Rolex tube installed, and the crown is an original Rolex crown.
The case is fitted with an ETA movement, but the dial is an original Rolex dial. It's completed with an aftermarket bracelet, and the clasp is a Rolex clasp. Is it a replica? It's not an original Rolex watch. I am not trying to missrepresent and sell it as such. Who will be the judge of making the call on the border?

At the border they'll go by the brand that is on the dial and clasp, because that is what you are trying to represent, even knowing that all the parts are aftermarket. The only way to go homefree at the border and anywhere else is wearing something like these guy's are selling. Non branded good submariners.

ttp://cgi.benl.ebay.be/SUBMARINER-DIVER ... dZViewItem

I believe this is Homer. Hes kinda like a George. He also sells reps.
This is his rep website:

http://www.mulberryoutlet.co.uk/

Cramiekske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/06
saskwatch said:
They changed your band without permission. :shock: Doesnt this fashist company respect individuality ???
I heard a lot of bad things about the rlx service, costing a lot of $$$ but even worse taking up to 3 month!!! for repair....
Yep they did, since you are not allowed to put aftermarket stuff on the watch. It seems they have the right as they say to put the watch back into it's otiginal state by company policy.

saskwatch said:
Anyway....,so you got a second one of the ugly gen bracelets lying around your place.... ...I'd gladly take it of your hands and put it on my rep..... :D
LOL No, Then they don't know me to well. Because I made enough fuss about them changing the band while there where other customers in the shop that they eventually put a similar but original band on it, without charging extra, so I have to disappoint you that I can't send you one of these Ugly Gen. bracelets. I could send you the aftermarket one, but Heck I think it will the same as you can find on the forum here, or with Ofrey.

wurlitzer1

24/3/07
Ooh, next time I visit to Tijuana, I'd better make sure I'm not wearing my fake Levis!

I'd hate to have them confiscated (wouldn't be a pretty sight!!!!) and get fined to boot.

Cramiekske

7/11/06
coop said:
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/SUBMARINER-DIVE ... dZViewItem

I believe this is Homer. Hes kinda like a George. He also sells reps.
This is his rep website:

http://www.mulberryoutlet.co.uk/

I don't think so, since Homers replicas also have the branding on the dial. The bay guy's i referred above to have blank dials and bands no branding whatsoever, no serials or markings even between the lugs. This is a classical of customised watch. But with a good ETA movement inside. So if they catch you with these at customs, you are not trying to represent or duplicate any kind of watch, since it simply has no markings. This is the only point I was trying to make.

I'll try to contact these guy's since they are in the North of London.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the personel jewelery you are wearing is not subject to importation tax entering the US. i have bought lots of things like that abroad and have never been questioned about it and as far as rolex goes you are allowed the one you are wearing on your arm but not any in your bags. that is where the form pugs showed comes into play.

i moved my wife here from south america and didn't have to show any sales slips or pay any kind of tax on any of her personel belongings we brought into this country and customs looked at everything we had. those laws are set up to keep you from bringing a bag full of rolex's into the country.

mycboynewbie

Horology Curious
6/5/07
I'm really scared now, I am going on a vacation and i was hoping to bring all my watches with me, I mean why not, a different watch for a different occasion, here is what I have in terms of gen and rep, do you think I will have a problem??

1- Tommy Hilfiger Gen (boxed)
2- Diesel Gen
3- Kenneth Cole Gen
4- Cartier Santos Replica (boxed)
5- D & G Gen (boxed)
6- Versace Replica (boxed)
7- Calvin Klein Gen (boxed)

I dont understand this, now I am very scared that even my gens will bring unwanted attention to me..I also have a few Gucci and Bvlgari necklaces (also gen), and I like to keep them with their boxes (hell who doesnt when you have to pay obscene amounts of money for them)..I bought all these in the US btw

Do you think it is a good idea to keep them in their boxes?? I also used to put my stuff in one of those vacuum bags and I know for a fact that they did not open them up in security because they would have blown otherwise..as for customs I got picked once but I did not have these at the time...

damn I am really scared now..

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
mycboynewbie said:
I'm really scared now, I am going on a vacation and i was hoping to bring all my watches with me, I mean why not, a different watch for a different occasion, here is what I have in terms of gen and rep, do you think I will have a problem??

1- Tommy Hilfiger Gen (boxed)
2- Diesel Gen
3- Kenneth Cole Gen
4- Cartier Santos Replica (boxed)
5- D & G Gen (boxed)
6- Versace Replica (boxed)
7- Calvin Klein Gen (boxed)

I dont understand this, now I am very scared that even my gens will bring unwanted attention to me..I also have a few Gucci and Bvlgari necklaces (also gen), and I like to keep them with their boxes (hell who doesnt when you have to pay obscene amounts of money for them)..I bought all these in the US btw

Do you think it is a good idea to keep them in their boxes?? I also used to put my stuff in one of those vacuum bags and I know for a fact that they did not open them up in security because they would have blown otherwise..as for customs I got picked once but I did not have these at the time...

damn I am really scared now..

it would be best if you are going to take them to declare them so they know you took them with you instead of thinking you bought all of them during your travels.

mycboynewbie

Horology Curious
6/5/07
I'm calling custons on monday..I think I will declare all of them at once as fashion accesory -1000$, if that's ok, I will let you guys know what's what on monday or tuesday

I don't know what I should do with the reps though, should I declare them too??

this is bad..we are not even selling these things..and btw way about collecting being not illegal..anybody with 10-20 watches can not be selling them as it's not enough stock but let's accept we are sick individuals, sick about watches that is...I like watches in general, no matter rep or gen, I even have a kenneth cole watch for christ sake! :)

so the government can shoot me for that..

I don't think I'll be wearing my cartier santos rep when I go through customs as it might grab attention..do I declare it or not? that's the question now..

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
mycboynewbie said:
I'm calling custons on monday..I think I will declare all of them at once as fashion accesory -1000$, if that's ok, I will let you guys know what's what on monday or tuesday

I don't know what I should do with the reps though, should I declare them too??

this is bad..we are not even selling these things..and btw way about collecting being not illegal..anybody with 10-20 watches can not be selling them as it's not enough stock but let's accept we are sick individuals, sick about watches that is...I like watches in general, no matter rep or gen, I even have a kenneth cole watch for christ sake! :)

so the government can shoot me for that..

I don't think I'll be wearing my cartier santos rep when I go through customs as it might grab attention..do I declare it or not? that's the question now..

you will only declare them so you have proof that you already owned them and you left the
US with them and you did not buy them during your travel.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
hk45ca said:
the personel jewelery you are wearing is not subject to importation tax entering the US.
Are you sure about this? I don't mean "I've never been taxed so it must be true" sure, but actually sure that this is government policy?

I would bet $5 that this is a myth and that even worn jewellery is subject to import duty and/or taxes, just like anything else.

mycboynewbie

Horology Curious
6/5/07
do you think I should declare them as 'rep watch' or just 'watch' one by one or a vague 'fashion acessory' will do??

I think I'm going to ask whomever answers the phone bluntly when I call on monday.. eheh, maybe they'll trace my call and arrest me :p

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
pugwash said:
hk45ca said:
the personel jewelery you are wearing is not subject to importation tax entering the US.
Are you sure about this? I don't mean "I've never been taxed so it must be true" sure, but actually sure that this is government policy?

I would bet $5 that this is a myth and that even worn jewellery is subject to import duty and/or taxes, just like anything else.

you don't owe import tax on something you took with you out of the country. tax was paid on it when it was originally purchased and or imported. in this country the burden of proof would be on them and there would be no way for them to prove you bought them outside this country unless you just made it obvious by having a bag full of new jewelry. about the rolex and being able to wear the one on your wrist into the country, that is written into the law they lobbied to control all of the importation into the us. if their wealthy traveling customers want to take a selection with them during their travels they have to fill out the form you refered to earlier.

all i can tell you is the immigrations lawyer i hired to handel my wifes entry into this country told me the burden of proof is on them and everything she told me came to pass but i never read any of the laws myself. thats why i pay her. lol :lol:

the last time i came home from south america i was wearing 15,600.00 worth of diamond earings (i had took them with me) and nobody cared about that. i went through customs 3 times before i got home and they were never mentioned. i suppose it is possable they just didn't challenge it but the burden of proof would still be on them that i owed any kind of tax.