• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Glow Inc delivery

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
Today finnaly my little shipment from Glow Inc was in the box. Now can the first reluming jobs started

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

And a shot with long open shutter
IMG_0846.jpg

Greetings Navi :wink:

dse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/07
:eek: Wow! those bags look huge! how much powder is in each one. Can't wait to see your results. Will this be your first attempt? I just gave a first try with some noctilume I got the other day. I still have to post the results. Good Luck!! :D

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
So here are my results of reluming a PAM111 dial

BEFORE RELUMING
IMG_0862.jpg

AFTER RELUMING
IMG_0868.jpg

Both pics ware made with the same camera, same shutter time, in a complete dark room with the same time of charching the lume

I think it is clear wich one looks better 8)
I am proud of myself what i did!!!!

paulV

4/11/06
Nice work Pat...Looks fantastic! ...what a difference
I will send mine too :D

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
Hello Navigator,
I also have bought and received this same type and brand of lume. I have done a few experiments and I would like to ask you a few questions.

Did you grind the powder? If so how much? Although the powder is fine my tests left the surface grainy looking.

What medium did you use? I used (because it's all I could find) was artists gloss varnish.

Did you remove the existing lume before apply?

Did you top coat with something after? Did you use a white undercoat as some have indicated is needed? If so what did you use.

Sorry for all the questions but I really like what you have done and I do not want to screw-up my first lume job. I have noticed on my PAM 187 the markers look shiny do you have any experience with this?

Cheers!

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
So this is the final pic with the hands, but by mistake my cat palyed with the second hand and destroyed it, so if somebody has some extra second hand for a PAM111 give me a PM!!!!

IMG_0869.jpg

Ferrariman said:
Hello Navigator,
I also have bought and received this same type and brand of lume. I have done a few experiments and I would like to ask you a few questions.

Did you grind the powder? If so how much? Although the powder is fine my tests left the surface grainy looking.

What medium did you use? I used (because it's all I could find) was artists gloss varnish.

Did you remove the existing lume before apply?

Did you top coat with something after? Did you use a white undercoat as some have indicated is needed? If so what did you use.

Sorry for all the questions but I really like what you have done and I do not want to screw-up my first lume job. I have noticed on my PAM 187 the markers look shiny do you have any experience with this?

Cheers!

I did not grind the powder and in my opinion you should have to do it because it is a little rough.
I just did use some varnish i had and it worked very well.
I did remove the old lume from the hands and the dial.
No top coat at all. The sandwich dial is white so did not use any white.

If you have some other questions just ask.

Greetings Navi

Z3k0

Renowned Member
2/1/07
Croatia
Hi Navi,
can you tell me what mixture of green and blue have you used ? And what ratio powder to varnish have you used ?
Congrats on your results, I'm preparing myself to try and do the same thing on my 111h :roll:

regards

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
Hello Z3k0 i only used in this example the green stuff, there is no blue at all in the glow.
I used more powder than varnish i would say 60/40 but i need to get better varnish because my varnish it a little bit brown. But it gives the lume a nice vintage look.

I lumed my PO with only blue, but i have to do it again, because i made some mistakes.

Thxx fleed for the nice words.
I have one question for you, how did you manage to remove the old lume on the markes from a PO?

Tonight i will "Nocticluminova" a try, just have to get it out of the post office tonight and then a new relume for another PAM will be done

gaspot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/07
NAVIGATER said:
I lumed my PO with only blue, but i have to do it again, because i made some mistakes.

If you make mistakes, is it easy to remove the new lume?

Can you post a pic of the tools that you used? (Brushes, etc)

Thanks.

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
gaspot said:
NAVIGATER said:

If you make mistakes, is it easy to remove the new lume?

Can you post a pic of the tools that you used? (Brushes, etc)

Thanks.

You can just scrub it of with a litte srewdriver.
Not able to make pics right nof because i am in the office.
But take a look at the tutorial from fleed about the reluming.
I used the ame material he used
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21553

andei3000

12/1/07
Nice work, hopefully I will be able soon to do the luming by myself.

Regards