• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Re: IWC Cousteau Divers

Arlequin said:
You avoided the C word!

Yeah, because I heard that the cousteau aquatimer will be available from dealers other than the cartel. I guess that's to be seen. If Paul gets ahold of it, I'd imagine the prices will fall pretty quickly after the first 1-2 weeks. The thing is, even without the cartel, our options seem somewhat limited. Same dealers at RWI, TRC, RWG... I came to these sites looking for a way around the inflated prices of the Swiss Grade A+++ dealers on the net. It's a shame if that's where we're going with every decent new model coming out being in the $400+ range. I bet if the noobmariner were released today rather than in the cheapo good-ol-days (and by that I mean like 6 months ago), it'd be sold for $300.

Some people call it the law of supply and demand; I just call it as I see it... simple greed.

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
In reality chaps, is it worth getting the first generation one of this or sit back and wait until the dust settles and see if another more improved version surfaces??

I ideally wpuld like to get one but don't want to go down the route of the 'Pam 253' where loads of other newer inproved versions surfaced left, right and centre.

Cheers !

sam_tgg

Known Member
18/8/06
Cosmic,
it is very difficult to know. If it comes with big flaws or some big qc issue, it will be a 2.0. But usually, some brands like PAM or Omega, have seen a lot of versions, but others, like IWC not. A lot of people waited for the Ingy with correct date and AR, and nothing happens (at the moment). IWC has some core fans (like me) but it is not a massive brand like Omega or PAM.
In this boards, IWC has a lot of interest, but for most of the people "outside" IWC is totally unknown. A lot of people will buy an Omega for father/brother, etc, even if they are not extrict watch fans. But not an IWC. My father loves his Omega 007, but looks extrange to my IWC. He likes them but has no idea what they are.

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
I would bet a certain part of my body (from the left side) that there will not be a second edition of this watch.

z

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
Thanks sam_tgg for your input! I am shifting over to IWC as this JC looks great! I'll probably push the button on this one as it is on my wish list. It's a shame the IWC Big Pilot only exists as a $99 repro with loads of flaws, one that I would not dare to wear! I will keep my eye out and see if tomorrow is the day for off loading some money on this JC !

Cheers!

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
cosmic said:
In reality chaps, is it worth getting the first generation one of this or sit back and wait until the dust settles and see if another more improved version surfaces??

I agree with zetterdawg that there probably won't be a second version. However, I'd still wait a bit just to make sure there are no major quality control issues. It seems that the initial rollout of some of the newer watches (big bang, gran turismo for example, as well as some of DSN's PAMs) had various problems that were not as pronounced later on. When a new rep comes out, you get the usual chorus of people singing its praises as the best rep in repping history. It's helped me a lot in the past to wait for the initial set of unbiased reviews before jumping.

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
I am sitting here with a party hat on, a little trumpet, [smilie=occasion18.gif] ready to light the fireworks, where's the watch???

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
cosmic said:
I am sitting here with a party hat on, a little trumpet, [smilie=occasion18.gif] ready to light the fireworks, where's the watch???

my wifes gonna kick your ass for using her avitar.

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
supermanx said:
cosmic said:

Sorry, I didn't know it was exclusive I found it on the net :shock: Where can I present my ass to be kicked ?

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
Well I hope that I safe now, I slipped on the stairs and landed on my ass and it is pretty sore now, save her kicking me later !

Any sign of the watch yet?????? :wink:

add461

Horology Curious
1/4/07
News is that this watch should hopfully be available by the end of the week!

This waiting sucks :roll:

luisik

20/3/06
Re: IWC Cousteau Divers

fletch512 said:
Arlequin said:
You avoided the C word!

... It's a shame if that's where we're going with every decent new model coming out being in the $400+ range....

Stop buying the cartel/godealers and you will see how fast all prices comes to the reasonable status again.

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
Well at this rate, nobody is buying anything right now ! My Paypal account is about to explode with all my dealings on Ebay, need to vent it somewhere ! :lol:

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
This is a pretty cool IWC watch, the back of it has a wooden dial inlaid with an engraving of the 'Calypso' ship that Cousteau used on his expeditions. Nice sized watch too. Tempting. I noticed that Trusty has it priced for 88 million dollars, must be very special indeed. :lol:

superwmnx

7/2/07
cosmic said:
supermanx said:
cosmic said:

Sorry, I didn't know it was exclusive I found it on the net :shock: Where can I present my ass to be kicked ?

I wouldn't do that unless you refused to change it :p just messing with you...

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
We are approaching the end of the week now...

Still no sign of the bugger though.... :cry:

C'mon Angus...Give us an update and pics of the final product please...