• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just arrived: 22 rubber from Silix

Masticore

21/4/06
Hi guys!

Sorry but no picks for the moment, I'm just on may way out the door. Well, the mailman just knocked on my door, and there I have it: silixs new 22mm upo rubberstrap.
It´s not for me so I haven't looked after how the oem is, but the strap that I got is super soft and smooth! I had never felt something that soft in the rubber strap department.

Will post some pics later.

Edit 1: Pics added + comments

Here are 2 overexposed pics: Plz excuse the dust on these pics cuze I had the strap lying on a carpet, thats really dusty, prior taking these pics.

And some undexposed ones:

Comments:

Buckle: Massive and thick but the omega stap isen't imho not enough detailed.

Strap:

Material: It came a bit dirty with some smears that I havent removed yet. Otherwise it´s very soft but dust does stick to it, but not very much at all.

Finish: Good, with all the stamps and serials but the where you stick through the pins it has some left over rubber. It´s nothing that you wont see after you mount it, so it doesn't mather really.

Lunch break is over now so gtg!

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
please post some pics...

I have been waiting for a good rubber strap before buying a PO....

Masticore

21/4/06
I just took some pics, but dident have enough lighting for all the details, kinda hard when you have ~50 cm focusing distance

mezzanine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/06
The big question is whether you've owned or handled for an extended period the real thing. Without that frame of reference, this is useless without pics!!

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I'm waiting to see what Joshua and Andrew come out with....should be pretty sweet since they didn't rush it out onto the market...this one looks good though and may be hard to beat :wink:

sweet

14/4/07
Great! I was considering getting one, now I'm definitely getting one :D

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I'm holding off until I see one one on an actual watch. If it doesn't fit right between the lugs, its money wasted.

JohnnySac

10/9/06
andreww said:
I'm holding off until I see one one on an actual watch. If it doesn't fit right between the lugs,

its money wasted.

If it is molded after then gen (which this was) it will fit perfectly...
The only problem with the rep strap is the dust collecting it WILL have. I wonder why the gen doesn't collect dust .
I just put my gen on the carpet and we have a cat who sheds and no dust no nothing.

for 35.00 it can't be beat!

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
STUGOTZ said:
andreww said:
I'm holding off until I see one one on an actual watch. If it doesn't fit right between the lugs,

its money wasted.

If it is molded after then gen (which this was) it will fit perfectly...
The only problem with the rep strap is the dust collecting it WILL have. I wonder why the gen doesn't collect dust .
I just put my gen on the carpet and we have a cat who sheds and no dust no nothing.

for 35.00 it can't be beat!

I read about this, actually. Silix said the reason the rep strap picks up dust while the gen doesn't has to do with the material used for the strap. Although they look the same, Silix said the rubber/silicone is actually much different. Still, for $35 (versus around $200 for the gen), I could live with a little dust.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Gen is made of pure rubber, Rep is not. Only the maker of the HBB used pure rubber... this one not.... and also not Joshs/andrews strap...

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
I'm more concern the "fit" than the "dust". I will find out how fit they are when mine is here. Btw....who can see there's dust on your strap :lol:

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Who can see that the rehaut on your Sub is .01 mm shorter than the gen? Doesn't stop people from fretting over it for pages and pages.

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
ok...I agree with you. :lol:

it's a matter of personal preference :wink:

Masticore

21/4/06
Well, my friend just put it on his po and and his expectations turned into dissapointment. Except that he dident like the look of the rubber strap on the watch, the fit on the watch was terrible on one side! A big gap, making the strap "fold" where it connects to the watch. This makes the strap pretty much useless, cuze it just looks silly.

Dunno if it's a faulty item or if all of them are like this.

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
So also this "new" straps has the old problem with the big gap between the strap and the watch.

Why can the not make a strap that has not the problem with the gap.

Greetings Navi :wink:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I think this may be just a bad strap. Pug posted pics of his on RWG and it looks tight.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Maybe not, seems a lot of people are having this problem. Always a good idea to wait!

porubber3.JPG

Dario33

19/5/06
I'm having the exact problem as depicted in the picture...the underside lip on the long portion (6 marker) is not catching the caseback and thus, it flips upwards when worn.

:(