• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The downside to fooling your local mall jeweler

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
lexxdiamondz said:
funny.i used to use steak knives and thumb tacks...

Um, are we still talking about re-sizing? Because if not, Lexx just creeped me out a bit.

D

d4m.test

The hardest i had to resize is my VC overseas,the screws are small and tight,they strip very easily,i had a very hard time with it.

sigpromx5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/06
seanf said:
lexxdiamondz said:
funny.i used to use steak knives and thumb tacks...

Um, are we still talking about re-sizing? Because if not, Lexx just creeped me out a bit.

Sean, your a funny man! :lol: congrats on the MOD part as well

fasttap

4/4/06
seanf said:
Well, after this experience, I am definitely going to get myself a nice set of resizing tools. Although, ironically, the only watch I have left to resize is.... wait for it... a Planet Ocean.

On a side note, if the watch bursts into flames when I touch it, think my dealer will replace it?

for 18$ U can get a special tool for omega bracelet, quitge easy to use. Some dealers here will sell it to you :)

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Oh, I'd definitely call Watch Guy a special kind of tool. And he'd charge me $18 as well!

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Hehehe! He said TOOL!

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Simmer down there, Beavis. You know what the doctor said about excitement making your "condition" worse.

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
my watchsmith refuses to charge me,just interested in seeing the watches and talk about how the chinese are going to take over the world... :shock:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
when you do the po be careful to not loose the little sleeves inside the bracelet. they aren't that bad but you have to pay attention. if you want to do one that is hard try a breitling. they are a pain in the ass puzzle! :eek:

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Just did my PO resizing all by myself. That is, if you define "all by myself" to mean "I walked to the other end of the mall and gave the PO to another kiosk jewelry guy who did it for $10." Which, by a coincidence, IS exactly how I define "all by myself."

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
seanf said:
Just did my PO resizing all by myself. That is, if you define "all by myself" to mean "I walked to the other end of the mall and gave the PO to another kiosk jewelry guy who did it for $10." Which, by a coincidence, IS exactly how I define "all by myself."

i need to start a watch resizing business. lol

MICAVI

22/3/07
Th only watch I have ever had to get resized was an IWC GST. I took it to a reputable dealer in town and the guy complimented on it being a nice watch and a couple minutes later came back and gave me my watch, didn't charge me a thing.

lumejunkie

13/4/07
CONUS
seanf said:
Well, after this experience, I am definitely going to get myself a nice set of resizing tools. Although, ironically, the only watch I have left to resize is.... wait for it... a Planet Ocean.

On a side note, if the watch bursts into flames when I touch it, think my dealer will replace it?

Funny, but of ALL the watches I wouldn't try to resize myself, the PO is at the top of the list. I saw a watchsmith screw the pooch on trying to remove the pins, and the watch had to be brought to an expensive jeweller for repair. Definitely get a toolkit, but let a jeweller handle your PO!

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
For me, as bad as it is with the continued ordering of new watches and straps, now its tools! I can't stop ordering tools. By the way I got one of the watch case back balls from Ofrei. This thing works great on Pam case backs with no fear of scratching the case. Just press it in to the back and slowly turn and off she comes.
Rogerwine

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
lumejunkie said:
seanf said:

Funny, but of ALL the watches I wouldn't try to resize myself, the PO is at the top of the list. I saw a watchsmith screw the pooch on trying to remove the pins, and the watch had to be brought to an expensive jeweller for repair. Definitely get a toolkit, but let a jeweller handle your PO!

i did my 45mm and my wife's 42.5 in about 30 minutes.lol the breitlings give me a headache, it took me 30 minutes to remove 1 link from my evo and that was after i had already new how to do them! when i did my navitimer i had to turn one side around so all the screws were on the same side. they are hell!! i bet i spent 1 hour doing it. 8)

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
rogerwine said:
For me, as bad as it is with the continued ordering of new watches and straps, now its tools! I can't stop ordering tools. By the way I got one of the watch case back balls from Ofrei. This thing works great on Pam case backs with no fear of scratching the case. Just press it in to the back and slowly turn and off she comes.
Rogerwine

Rogerwine you so crazy!

(say it in your head like Tracey Jorden, it will make sense then)

z