• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP... Battle of the bezels.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I'm in the process of doing a little upgrading on my 007 and thought I would show a few comparison shots of

the rep and gen bezels.. :)

1st Pic is the rep bezel insert

BezelShowdown008Small.jpg

2nd Pic is the gen bezel insert

BezelShowdown009Small.jpg

3rd Pic is side by side comparison of rep and gen. They look pretty close a first glance.

BezelShowdown010Small.jpg

4th Pic is the rep pearl.

BezelShowdown016Small.jpg

5th Pic is gen pearl.

BezelShowdown017Small.jpg

6th pic is head to head combat. This pic really illustrates the differences of how much cleaner and nicer
the gen minute markings and lines are compared to the rep bezel and the pearl is much more centered and not so white looking.

BezelShowdown019Small.jpg

7th pic and obvious difference in the bezel teeth here with the underside of the gen on the left.

BezelundersideSmall.jpg

8th pic is the pearl held under light for 10 seconds..LOL the rep did not register in my camera. :?

PearlLumeSmall.jpg

Final pic is a close-up of the two. Obvious greener pearl on gen plus in this pic you can see that the beveled
edges on the gen bezel are longer and sharper..

Bezelclose-up.jpg

Thanks for looking... :D

Rollex

Renowned Member
3/3/07
did you swap out your Rep bezel for the Gen?

or do you have a Gen Omega that you took it off of? :)

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
I love these gen vs rep comparison!!!

thanks cybee!! :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Dukie said:
did you swap out your Rep bezel for the Gen?

or do you have a Gen Omega that you took it off of? :)

No I just bought the gen bezel LOL...Hopefully I can get it to fit on my 007 :shock: I did take the rep bezel off

but I need to see if gen will fit..the teeth are so much bigger than rep bezel.....BTW if anyone would like a FREE

bezel insert (rep of course)I have one so just let me know...sometimes easier to replace the insert rather than

removing bezel.. :)

Rollex

Renowned Member
3/3/07
Awesome, good luck with that. how much does a Gen bezel run for? :)

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Wow fantastic pictorial cybee! Except it made me slightly depressed about my own watches pearls and finish quality....

iluvhockey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
I also have a gen bezel but for the chrono. The insert in the gen looks darn hard to remove. It is crimped in there good. Just becareful if you are trying to extract the insert.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
iluvhockey said:
I also have a gen bezel but for the chrono. The insert in the gen looks darn hard to remove. It is crimped in there good. Just becareful if you are trying to extract the insert.

Yeah that would be a little tricky trying take it out....I hope there is a way to put the whole bezel on. Anyway

it will be fun trying.. :)

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
good post , I always wanted to see if a gen insert was worth while.?

now I know it is !

dukas

12/1/07
Really really good post, indeed. Thanks cyebee for your effort. I have learned a lot from your post :shock:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
david-syd said:
good post , I always wanted to see if a gen insert was worth while.?

now I know it is !

thanks for the kind words. Actually it has helped me learn too and after seeing the awesome job takashi did

I thought I'd make a few changes on mine...For now I have put the gen bezel insert on but I still need to align

it and glue..I won a gen dial on Ebay for $50.00 so I am waiting to get it...all in all not bad without having to

spend a fortune.. :)

here is a pic with the gen insert in the rep bezel...still needs to be aligned. Also fixed crooked hour marker.

BezelShowdown020Small.jpg

-EZ-

13/3/07
Good job. Never mind HEV placement and screw pins, besides a missing 3'oclock marker the pearl has always been the easiest giveaway that I look for on an SMP. The gen insert fit the rep with no modifications?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
ezwatch said:
Good job. Never mind HEV placement and screw pins, besides a missing 3'oclock marker the pearl has always been the easiest giveaway that I look for on an SMP. The gen insert fit the rep with no modifications?

yep insert fits perfectly...I know HEV is still wrong :cry: but oh well...I think the dial will come today or

tomorrow. The lumes on it looked pretty bad so it will need some improvement but according to takashi

that dial should fit perfectly on the spare 2824 I have.. :)

JoJo35

Known Member
10/3/07
Wow, that looks great in there!

I have a scratched bezel insert on my SMP Chrono, and have been going nuts trying to track down an insert for it. Can you give any tips where to find one?

thanks! 8)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
JoJo35 said:
Wow, that looks great in there!

I have a scratched bezel insert on my SMP Chrono, and have been going nuts trying to track down an insert for it. Can you give any tips where to find one?

thanks! 8)

I just sent one to another member and I do have one more so if you want it just PM me your address and

I will mail it to you at no cost. It is brand new. :wink: :D