• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need a solid watch for mountain biking

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I am assuming that a G-shock is the way to go. Any other indestructible watches out there that I can beat the crap out of?

crick

1/8/06
mmMm i guess something that you dont mind grinding into the dirt...

you took my answer - gshock :(

something on rubber or velcro. maybe a nice titanium hammie :)

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Def something rubber so it takes the abuse. Or just use a bike computer.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
Yeah, I know I want it on rubber. I really doon't know anything about the G-shocks. Any particular model I should be looking at?

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
I really like the pathfinder series with Alt, temp, bar. Its a beast too. Ive had mine since college. Its beat to shit but it still ticks.

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
Here is a picture of mine. Mine looks in worst shape.

tnPRT40C.jpg

trekracer20

29/12/06
I wear a Nike Oregon series watch. The Lance 4 is my favorite. They're not too expensive, have largge, easy to read digital dials, and have a lot of features. If you want something with HR too, I'd look at Polar.

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
Yllwtrb said:
Here is a picture of mine. Mine looks in worst shape.

tnPRT40C.jpg

Yll - thats a big watch, dayummm. How's the size of this vs the Dive-Zilla Shark-Killa?

Looks like your wearing R2-D2

fredderf1

30/11/06
try the invicta 21 jewel submariner,then go to http://www.globalwatchband.com/ and buy a rubber deployant strap for about 15-20 $ you cant hurt this watch...water proof and shock resistant...about 120 w/new rubber strap...shopnbc.com oe the bay

erdoc

Known Member
29/11/06
I have a Hamilton multi-touch. Love the altimeter function for mountain biking. The Tissot t-touch is a similar piece.

warpedpig

12/2/07
If you're ever going to be biking at dusk/night, you may want to consider a Luminox.

I really like this model, the F-117 Nighthawk 3401 PVD 'Blacker than Black'

-black PVD (physical vapor deposition) plated stainless steel 43 mm case with crown protector

-water resistant to 20 atm/220 meters/660 feet

-black PVD plated unidirectional racheting stainless steel bezel (marked 1 to 11
to keep time in second time zone) with bright Luminox Light Technology (LLT) "dot" encased in steel housing
and protected by sapphire window (BADASS)

-highly scratch resistant sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective coatings

-multi-jewel Swiss quartz movement with date function and 10 year lithium battery

-TRITIUM :!:

luminoxnighthawk.jpg

luminoxback.jpg

3401.jpg

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
warpedpig, my Dad wears a luminox and loves it - good choice, its a very durrable watch - cant go wrong with that!!!

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
W, that Luminox is huge. I like it.

warpedpig

12/2/07
JCM1662 said:
warpedpig, my Dad wears a luminox and loves it - good choice, its a very durrable watch - cant go wrong with that!!!

I may have sold myself on one of these :lol: .... always wanted a Luminox as a beater, although this model is a bit pricy at just under $250 they have others in the sub $150 range....the only downside for a WIS is the quartz thing but for working out it doesn't really matter.

sexybeast

I'm Pretty Popular
12/8/06
depends on the g-shock, i killed a few while living in hawaii. i would just buy a rep soley based on being abused, and like the others said, get a velcro strap.

frogman

31/10/06
I mountain bike as well......I'm looking into getting a GPS style watch with all of the gadgets...

take a look at this one:
sidebyside.jpg

:lol: Okay, that one is probably going overboard... LOL ....all jokes aside...I'd probably go for the G-Shock as well.

I am really looking at this brand:

hxxp://www.suuntowatches.com/Suunto-X6.pro

This watch has everything I need to track all of my data....it just depends on how serious you are about mountain biking.

battman2487

Known Member
14/2/07
I highly reccomend a Casio Pathfinder. That is my watch of choice for biking, hiking, and snowboarding. It has taken a beating and all I've done to it is put a new battery in it.

olivia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06

If you like the Luminox, get the UZI Brand....tritium vials, swiss movement parts, and maybe a little more rugged...but cheaper.

trojanmike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/06
I have two Nike Oregon watches like Trek mentioned and have put them through hell. Both watches still run and look like they did when I purchased them. There are multiple versions of the watch and all can be found for under $100USD at Costco. Good luck!