• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

U-Boat Rep Group Buy

leftydna

Known Member
7/10/06
Guaging interest in which model U-Boat would be preferred for a Group Buy.

1. Classico/Left Hook
lefthook.jpg

2. Night Vision
nightvision.jpg

3. Thousands of Feet
thousandsoffeet.jpg

The Classico/Left Hook and Night Vision seem to share the same or similar case so we would have more possibilities if we go with one or the other, obviously Thousands of Feet has a totally unique case.

MICAVI

22/3/07
Who would want such an ugly watch? I am guessing you Panerai guys might like another ugly watch in your collection....

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
I dont think thisis repped either but a gen is just under $1,000, are you saying you can organize a group but for Gen U boats. I am torn between the Night Vision and the thansands of feet but Im leaning more towards the Thousands so that one gets my vote. Depending on price a GB will be in order.

leftydna

Known Member
7/10/06
See these 2 threads for aditional info:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22156
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14828

But U-Boat knockoff cases are already out there. The three models we're talking about use either an ETA 2824 or ETA 6497 movement, so we're not talking about a lot more work to complete the rep. With enough people (Group Buy) hopefully we can get a manufacturer to go ahead and start producing a rep with ours being the initial order. So vote and let us know which model, how many you want and you upper end on what you would pay.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
leftydna, are you in any way affiliated with any rep manufacturers?

I mean do you know anybody that will produce these for us?

If not, you are wasting time here.

By the way, gen U-boat watches are cheap anyway...
Buy one at eBay.

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
subseeker said:
leftydna, are you in any way affiliated with any rep manufacturers?

I mean do you know anybody that will produce these for us?

If not, you are wasting time here.

By the way, gen U-boat watches are cheap anyway...
Buy one at eBay.

Thats what I thought that they were not too expensive so would somere rep it. Show us some images of the rep quartz ones that you have found.

leftydna

Known Member
7/10/06
The current poll leader, Night Vision runs about 3200.00 to 3800.00 USD. Way over priced. These things having already been discussed in the 2 previous threads listed orginally, and why a rep in the $300-500 range is preferred. If there is enough genuine interest we can get a rep made. But if attitudes like the one previously mentioned prevail we won't and the Big Bang wouldn't have got done either or anything else for that matter.
So like I'm found of saying Don't be LEFT out!

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
Ahh, I did not know they were that much. Cool if you can arange with a dealer and a manufacturer Im down like James Brown.

Chris3

20/3/06
Cant decide

I like both the Night Vision and the Thousands of Feet

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
@the horse
agreed it does looks too much like a Pam.

Thousands of Feet for me plz! :D

D

2/12/06
leftydna said:
The current poll leader, Night Vision runs about 3200.00 to 3800.00 USD. Way over priced. These things having already been discussed in the 2 previous threads listed orginally, and why a rep in the $300-500 range is preferred. If there is enough genuine interest we can get a rep made. But if attitudes like the one previously mentioned prevail we won't and the Big Bang wouldn't have got done either or anything else for that matter.
So like I'm found of saying Don't be LEFT out!

sorry, i hope it gets repped for ya, i was just pointing out that a used gen left hook which is clearly in your poll sells for $600 in 95% condition... just saying it wouldn't be wise to get a rep of it. I am not super familiar with these just the ones I have seen on TZ are all under a gnote.

Reactions: XLR8R