• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jacob & Co

Jacqueline

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/07
Ok....so I have been looking at Jacobs for a while now but I'm not sure if they are worth it. I think my next watch will be the J12 but for some reason I can't get the Jacob off my mind.

What do you all think about one?

Pros, cons...anything?

Jacqueline

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Gen or rep? I don't think I've ever seen any Jacob & Co reps...

They're a lot 'o bling, usually right? I'm not a bling guy (hell, I don't even like gold *hands* on my Panerais). If it spins your propeller, go for it.

If you're talking gen, they use solid Swiss ETA movements that should run forever and are easily serviced/repaired...

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Jacqueline said:
Ok....so I have been looking at Jacobs for a while now but I'm not sure if they are worth it. I think my next watch will be the J12 but for some reason I can't get the Jacob off my mind.

What do you all think about one?

Pros, cons...anything?

Jacqueline

Jacobs a very interesting brand...it's nice to have a watch that isnt in the rep mainstream plus it would be a nice addtion to your collection... :)

w2ge

4/12/06
Are you looking at the 5 time zone ones with the "diamonds" on the bezel??? I like the look of the watch but I just think that the diamonds are gonna be WAY too fake, probably some will fall out and that would just kill it. My general rule for reps: NO GOLD, NO DIAMONDS.

My one "gold" exception, I really like the Radiomir Panerai 8 days with the black tuxedo stripe dial but I would only wear it on rare dress occasions.... :)

Of course, needless to say, it's your money.... Spend it as you please!

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
Sure they exist...Here is one..Big..44 or 47mm ill have to check...Its a quartz...And all the time zones even work!..Decent..If its you
P3260019.jpg

P3260020.jpg

P3260021.jpg

P3260022.jpg

P3260023.jpg

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
I've got some very 'blingy' watches and love them. I think Jacobs look terrible on men but a woman could pull it off and look pretty damn good doing it :)

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
REALLY tough to pull off a jacob and co imo. They are so bling-erific and hundreds of thousands of dollars, mostly worn by clelebrities and rappers.

They are so colorful and so packed with diamonds - It will absolutely get some attention, if you have the lifestyle to fit the watch, go for it......they are bling bling!!

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Did someone say bling?????

PP24BLING.JPG

Hey Ive got a couple of Ladies sized (42mm interchangeable bezels etc) Jacobs that I'd let go for a 'song' --- speak to me

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
If I come back to this thread I'm gonna need to tint my monitor, or wear sunglasses! :)