• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me decide my next rep SMP or PO?

sonystyle

8/6/06
Hi Guys,

Im really intent on getting one of these watches...The PO is the ultimate version, the Bond I like its looks but Im not sure if the quality is up to the PO quality ? Is it ? Also Ive heard they are making a new co-ax SMP with the red font soon...

I like the SMP size, the PO might look too big ;Ive never had a 45mm watch but I like big watches...

So which rep do you like in terms of balance of look, quality, and faithfulness to the gen ? Both are Swiss eta2824-2. Comments are appreciated...many thanks ! :)

Bond SMP
ea5a1d04.jpg

PO
ea5a1b6c.jpg

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Wait for the Co-Axial SMP, or go with a SMP GMT (with open caseback and pin'd bracelet).

Trevor is offering the Ultimate PO for $165 shipped right now though, so if $$$ is a concern that might be a better deal at the moment.

D

d4m.test

:shock: POPOPOPOPOPO

I like........great for handsome man

8)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Both. But if I had to choose just one I'd go for the SMP. I haven't gotten tired of mine after 2 years.

wallpaper3.jpg

CRK

9/10/06
go with a SMP GMT (with open caseback and pin'd bracelet).

x2

That is one Omega on my list right now!! I have the 45mm Pumpkin and will very soon have 2 more PO's a 45mm black and a 42mm Pumpkin.

I never knew I liked these watches so much until recently :D

towcat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/06
45mm pumpkin. Must be a pumpkin. black bezel jobs gets lost in the crowd.

sonystyle

8/6/06
By-Tor said:
Both. But if I had to choose just one I'd go for the SMP. I haven't gotten tired of mine after 2 years.

wallpaper3.jpg

Thanks Bytor...is your SMP the one from that mystical factory which has since shut down...? :D Because you said it was two years old...and Ive read that old ones are much nicer than the current batch...but I have not seen both...heck, Ive never seen a PO either, LOL...

sonystyle

8/6/06
e36wchmstr said:
Wait for the Co-Axial SMP, or go with a SMP GMT (with open caseback and pin'd bracelet).

Trevor is offering the Ultimate PO for $165 shipped right now though, so if $$$ is a concern that might be a better deal at the moment.

Thanks for the recommendation E36...that is quite cheaper than the prices Ive been looking at....

sonystyle

8/6/06
Thanks everyone for the voting and comments...I wish all my decisions were like this :)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
No, it's not from the "mystical factory", just an older rep model which isn't available any more. The new ones are almost as good though. The biggest difference is the bracelet construction.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the new "red letter" SMP is good. I'm satisfied with mine though... and I'm not looking for an upgrade. ;)

THOR509

Renowned Member
12/4/06
I absolutely vote BOTH! :)
BUT a pumkin ! and the bond ! they are both fab :)

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I'm going with the PO here because I really have never been a big fan of the SMP. I know the SMP is a classic but its never done anything for me.

Sean K