• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sanibel Island

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
My wife and I are planning to get away in March for several days. Never been there. Does anyone have any experiences with this place?

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
There's a bunch of people from FL here, several from that area.

Higgy 8)

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I live 25 min from Sanibel. Very nice, secluded and quiet. Nice beaches and several excellent restaurants from casual to upscale. Good shopping too. And you can always shoot over to Ft. Myers just minutes away and Naples is about 70 minutes away. All within reach. Hey, I'm sounding like a travel agent. I'm outta here :wink:

digitalgulby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/07
It's a nice place, I have been there a bunch of times, but not recently. Think the last time I was there was over 5 years ago. My folks have a place in Bonita Beach which is just south of there. Definitely a nice quiet vacation spot.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
snielsen said:
I live 25 min from Sanibel. Very nice, secluded and quiet. Nice beaches and several excellent restaurants from casual to upscale. Good shopping too. And you can always shoot over to Ft. Myers just minutes away and Naples is about 70 minutes away. All within reach. Hey, I'm sounding like a travel agent. I'm outta here :wink:

Thanks for the information. Perhaps we can get together for something cold to drink while my wife shops :D

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
That could be possible.....in March things let up a bit at my job....keep in touch..... :)

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
snielsen said:
That could be possible.....in March things let up a bit at my job....keep in touch..... :)

That I will, first couple of rounds are on me you know :wink:

Dario33

19/5/06
Voted one of the best islands in the world by Traval magazine (honestly). :)

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Dario33 said:
Voted one of the best islands in the world by Traval magazine (honestly). :)

The rooms are reasonaby priced, and after a long road trip it will be nice to relax at the beach. I wonder if the diving is any good.? I would like to take the superocean for a test dive to 190 feet. See if she holds up :lol:

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
I am in the area and we sel wine and spirits to many accounts on the island. keep me posted.

Nate

rek001

16/3/06
My better half & I have been talking about visiting Sanibel also.
Can any locals recommend a nice, reasonably priced hotel please?
Thanks much.

monster-rat1

24/3/06
I live about 2 hours away from Sanibel but my in-laws have a vacation home there so we go about once or twice a month. Great place not much night life but great restaurants like the Island Cow, Lighthouse Café both have a great breakfast. A great place for dinner is Dolce Vita and Thistle Lodge Beachfront Dining. Thistle Lodge is also great just for drinks.
Let me know what weekend your going and I’ll come up and we can have a some drinks and show our watches.

My Sea Dweller at the beach in Sanibel
a48b48ce.jpg

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Too many shells for me!

If your going for the beach, I'd hit Siesta Key.

But what the hell do I know, I'm a dumb northerner (who can drive on ice :p ).