• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang - is the font wrong

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
I just received my HBB over the weekend and have been spending a lot more time going through a comparison with the gen.

One thing I found was that the font on the dial is different from the gen, i.e. the gen does not have curved edges vs the rep.
So am I

(a) wrong
(b) looking at a newer model vs. our older model
(c) correct?

Pix from Hublot website

Pix from Angus photobucket (sorry Mods - I didn't ask for permission - please delete if illegal)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You're really paying attention to the details :p I didn't know about this till you pointed out the difference.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
But with this rep, chances of being called out is virtually 0. THE BEST FINISHING REPLICA EVER MADE.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
takashi said:
But with this rep, chances of being called out is virtually 0. THE BEST FINISHING REPLICA EVER MADE.

It is very nice and since you pulled this one off I would still like to see a replica of this made.

Freak01.jpg

Freak07.jpg

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Damn, I had hoped that I was wrong... now its going to nag at me... why oh why can they get this wrong if the have the gen next to them??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :? :? :?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... Before the UN Freak, there'll be tons of another rep made :p

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
takashi said:
Well... Before the UN Freak, there'll be tons of another rep made :p

Are you saying that no factory is willing to fork out 60K for one of these beauties :shock: :?:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
That may be one of the factors... another is IMHO they have the tendency to replicate watch only with common movement (ETA2824,2836, Seagull ST19, Asian 7750, 7753 just to name a few). The versatility of this movement has enabled them to create various reps.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
The movement in the freak cannot be that complicated. Yeah...I know what you are saying. Mass produce movements that work well in a variety of different watches. Cutting down on overall overhead when they do this.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Speaking of details, have you ever noticed how the Freak has no crown? :D