• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW YORK Watches

good-wood

Horology Curious
1/2/07
Hello.

I would like to find in New York fine watches, do you know where? Chinatown?

Thank you.

Good Wood

FLIP954RR

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Tourneau on 57th and 5th Avenue.

Now-if you want a good rep-you really have to find one in Chinatown. PM dhk223-he mentioned that he found a spot in Chinatown. I pm'ed him but never got back to me-I guess he wanted to keep it to himself. Maybe you'll have better luck than me!

Good Luck with your search.

good-wood

Horology Curious
1/2/07
Thank you. But now in Chinatown it's not easy... Maybe an adress??

Thank you thank you

Good Wood

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
Unless you know what you're looking for...you're not going to find it.

That's like telling a non-musician, "Go into that music store and buy the best guitar." It's nearly impossible. They won't know what to look for, what the uses are, what style, etc...

sv

Aquaracer

5/1/07
Go North on broadway off canal- The second shop there- the one with al the handbags in the back- Ask the guy there for the good watches- If you're brave he'll take you upstairs to the locked room jammed full of Fendi and Gucci bags- They have a small selection of better reps there. I was there in the Summer so i can't say what they have now- and frankly the whole experience was a little frightening.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
Actually, all of the watch vendors in NYC Chinatown have the access to the quality reps.
You just have to ask the right person in right "attitude".

Don't go in and ask for "PAM 212 with Swiss ETA, blah blah blah.."

Just ask for "good quality Rolex or Omega?"
--> Speak like they do.

Of course you (only one person allowed) will have to go in to the "back" room, which is VERY VERY SCARY.

Sometimes prices start at $600~$700 for good ones.
But you know the drill.

In summary, you are better off with our dealers here.

SteveG

29/6/06
subseeker said:
Actually, all of the watch vendors in NYC Chinatown have the access to the quality reps.
You just have to ask the right person in right "attitude".

Don't go in and ask for "PAM 212 with Swiss ETA, blah blah blah.."

Just ask for "good quality Rolex or Omega?"
--> Speak like they do.

Of course you (only one person allowed) will have to go in to the "back" room, which is VERY VERY SCARY.

Sometimes prices start at $600~$700 for good ones.
But you know the drill.

In summary, you are better off with our dealers here.

I agree..I used to work in NYC for years...never found good reps...guys selling junk out of briefcases on the sidewalks. I once had a guy come up to me with a black sub box/papers and supposed receipt claiming he just ripped it off was looking for $200. That might have been the best looking rep I'd seen working there.

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
You guys are correct,if you don't know what you are looking for, 95% is junk especially from the cases and the guys hawking up and down Canal.

I have purchased from one vendor who has all levels of reps and knows watches,he only sells watches.His selection is limited so he will tell me what his supplier has,I tell him what I want and he makes a phone call and the watches are brought to him.I can look them over no obligation and his prices are negotiable and he is fair at least to me. Good Asian $45, Eta $175-$200.

He has Asian and ETA, new Breitling Evolutions,Navitimers ect. No address but located on the left if you are on Canal, facing Burger King,selling only watches.

I am new to RWI but not to replicas, I found this site and have already purchased from forum members and a few vendors here. I would rather buy here it is much easier and many of the members are Rep experts. I love RWI !!!

Here are 2 of many watches I purchasd from him.

Rolex GMT II $45, asian movement, anniversary size case,maxi dial and larger hands,nice solid bracelet it has a nice weight to it,middle links are solid. The brushed SS finish is nice, not cheap a nice fine satin brushed finish.Same case and bracelet as the swiss fitted model.Keeping very good time and I have worn this one swimming.

Panerai Power Reserve $50, the fit and finish,weight,strap,deployant are all nice.Keeping very good time,power reserve works great.Probably not an accurate rep with the display back,still a nice watch and it is heavy. Solid SS,metal movement holder in case,no plastic, Swiss quality case.

I am no expert...........hope this helps.