• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dress watch question

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
I plan on getting an FA Jones. the white face with the silver hands as I was told the blue hands have some problems. Is this still the case? Silver hands will keep it nuetral and I can change from black to brown strap depending on the suit.

Nate

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
blue hands were more likely to be chipped, but many that had chipped hands didn't even notice (not really visible without a loop).

D

d4m.test

Nate,
That FA Jones is one big watch. I tried one on and couldn't pull it off.

Birdman

razerreg

26/7/06
Nate,
making a great choice brother. it looks so sharp with a suit 8) one of the most elegant watches. buy a real crock strap if you decide to take the plunge, it makes a world of difference!

kazushi

5/8/06
Make sure the second hand is not off center...
I have seen several (including my own) that for some reason the second hand is not centered !

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
@birdman,

I see it is 43mm. I wear 44mm Pams and now a 45.5 PO and they are sweet. I want to get rid of my small watches now.

Nate

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
reg loyola said:
Nate,
making a great choice brother. it looks so sharp with a suit 8) one of the most elegant watches. buy a real crock strap if you decide to take the plunge, it makes a world of difference!

So true. What a difference a decent strap makes... Banda genuine alligator mounted... original repstraps discarded:

1.3straps.jpg

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
listen.

Sir Clive

is the

real deal, not to listen is obvious

mistake!

themick

18/12/06
you looked pretty good when you were 17 klink, kinda like a young mickey mantle. nate you have arrived at the perfect watch for a suit. i am also about to get the same one with silver hands. of all the watches i want right now, i keep coming back to this one. great choice. good luck mick

Golfman

7/9/06
You can go without a doubt fellow. This watch is awsome. I've got mine from PT last week (blue hands model). I'll try to post some pics tomorrow

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Golfman said:
You can go without a doubt fellow. This watch is awsome. I've got mine from PT last week (blue hands model). I'll try to post some pics tomorrow

So everyone is still buying and loving this watch? Im guessing hte 6498 doesn't have any problems?

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
kinneyrhs said:
Golfman said:

So everyone is still buying and loving this watch? Im guessing hte 6498 doesn't have any problems?

x2?