• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 187?

wolf539

Horology Curious
2/1/07
Ok, it's official; I have the bug!

I'm looking for thoughts and recommendations on a PAM 187. If anyone would like to chime in with their personal experiences with this model, the dealer they purchased from or would recommend, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!
Steve

bruno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/06
No love for the 187 so far? I'm interested in this model as well and would love to hear some input on different dealer's models and pros and cons of the piece in general.

Cheers.

darksideuser121

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I love my 187 I purchased it before I found the darkside so it is from another source, but I am sure that the dealers here have the same quality. It is my favorite watch, it feels like weapon because of the size. I highly recommend it if you like big watches. Hope this helps

katana

Horology Curious
24/3/06
i got one from eddie, luv it
also use it for my boat anchor

lol

wolf539

Horology Curious
2/1/07
Hows the quality?

katana said:
also use it for my boat anchor

lol

How would you rate the overall quality? Bezel, etc.? Any obvious flaws?

Thanks,
Steve

rogerwine

Renowned Member
10/7/06
I bought mine from EddieLee with the old asian 7750. Then had it serviced and lumed with Vacuum (I think this ended Vacuums desire to fully service a 7750 as the sweep second hand broke off and Vacuum went to the trouble to have Ziggy fashion a new hand), so mine is really special to me and runs great (Thanks Vacuum}. It is one big impressive watch!!!
Rogerwine

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Oddly enough... this watch grows on you...
When I first saw the 187 I thought to myself, "self, that is a butt-ugly monstrosity of a watch"
Then about three monthes later I thought, "self, hrmm... perhaps if it were 30usd cheaper"

Then about two monthes after full infection of the Pam bug, "self,... I want one. BAD."

Perhaps someday the Breitling watches will grow on me too...

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I have the 187 and 202....love em both.....the 187 looks a little more menacing and is quite accurate except for the date font.....all in all an excellent watch :D

lovepanerai

28/7/06
there are 2 versions of the 187 for now and probably a newer one with Swiss 7753 soon

Version 1 introduced by watchhonpo and very expensive:
- AR coated sapphire
- bezel markers screwed in, but chromed brass or copper I believe and wrong shape
- deep engraving on the back
- correct engraved HE on HE valve
- good dial print
- old ASIA 7750 with 21.600bph

Version 2 the currently sold one:
- no AR coating
- bezel markers have the correct shape but are glued and can/will fall off
- newer 28.8k bph ASIA 7750
- shallow engraving on the back
- incorrect HE valve - embossed rather than engraved

Both of them have significant flaws like the sunken date wheel and wrong date font and more that would be too much to list[/list]

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
The 187 is a hideous, ugly monstrosity of a watch. A fashion disaster. A true eyesore ...

... mine should arrive tomorrow. :shock:

lovepanerai

28/7/06
Pugwash said:
The 187 is a hideous, ugly monstrosity of a watch. A fashion disaster. A true eyesore ...

I have to agree with you - this why I also had to get one :lol:

bruno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/06
It's good to see a post from Pug on here again. I've missed the insight and photos. I hope you'll be coming back more regularly as I for one think you're a huge value to this board.

PS. Sorry for hijacking the thread to say that.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
everything has been said about the 187...i just wanted to underline the issu with the bezel markers...they easilly fall off...happened to almost everyone...

ohmycocker

27/3/06
I got my 187 from Angus, nice watch but with the flaws described above....but the date font is still the easy noticed buy, however I still prefer the 187 bezel over 202.

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
187 is one worth having

katana said:

I love mine - also from EL. It was serviced by Ziggy and C3'd. I really like it - but also think I need a 202 and 243 :wink:

It is HUGE and you need to be comfy w/ size & weight.

NB: I had the markers that were susceptible to coming loose prised off & re-affixed.

187_lume_rwi.jpg

187_autmn_RWI_BBB.jpg

187_bob_rwi.jpg

creek_abstract_RWI_BBB.jpg

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
no fashion statement

lovepanerai said:
Pugwash said:

I have to agree with you - this why I also had to get one :lol:

Ditto - I am a fashion INcogniscento :lol: