• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Two steelfish sitting in the pond , lol a review w/pics

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
vmena said:
thelawnmowerman said:
I'm having one next month , A silver one with tan strap.

I've just ordered same model... I expect having it next week... I'll make my watchmaker to perform a pressure test up to 100 m at least.

lmao , them spainiards cant pressure test a watch that deep , lmao , its good to see u around here my friend

imho they r great and getting it this fast is worth every penny extra i paid for it , for me getting it and wearing it for 3 motnhs before it comes out cheaper is worth it , lol just becasue it is soooooo cooool

also after 3 months i will be ready for something new anyway, lmao

joe

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I'm not too bothered about the waterproof as I would never wear it in the water anyway , but I am concerned about the lume issue discussed here,I'm quite anal bout my watches , I remember when I got my Ingenieur I was paranoid about the bezel being slightly turned by about 1 deg and couldnt settle , so much so that I bought the right tool to fix it right away.

does anyone know what the quality of the leather straps is like, normally the first thing I do is replace the strap but this one looks quite good.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
strap is nice and soft and thick like gen. personally i like it better on the bracelet but i did try the strap on and melissa liked it , i did order me a rubber one for it , only because over at timezone i saw a pic of one with rubber and it looked cool to me

as for most all watches i have found with a little mods u can meke them as nice as u want to , i found thereisnt many that couldnt use a littel tweaking , lol it is up to just how anal u really r , me im as anal as they get but u may can live with it , lol

hope this helps

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
ets see if i can answer some more questions for u guys , and your welcome for the write up

the case sides , yes the points need rounding more to be more like gen. and the HE valve looks pretty darn close , i will show u soon after i do a few minor flaw fixes on it

it is 44 mm in diameter, pretty much spot on

it weighs roughly 220 grams (nice and heavy)

the blue is pretty much spot on (the ar makes it lite up in certain angles a realy treat)

date ouline is the same on white and blue

needs lume on the tachymetre ring at 12,3,6,9 (should glow on those little indices but doesnt , but it will soon, lol)

yes i expect they used a cheap thin wire to install the bezel instead of the thicker one like breitling uses

yes im happy to have paid a little more for it now , cause i have it on my wrist now , lol (and the quality and heft of this piece is cost effective to me personally)

be on the look out soon i will blow it up in my watertester , lol

hope that i helped u in your questions, if not keep them coming , u know i love talking watch

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
btw: it is a real eta 2824 here r some pics of it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

astig

10/9/06
i get the impression that the BCE has a better build. Am I right?

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
astig said:
i get the impression that the BCE has a better build. Am I right?

not really a better build , just two different styles , if u want something around 300 bucks built like a tank i think the BSS is the better choice just because it uses a swiss movment for this price, as for metal i believe they both r high quality , one is sportier than the other imho

hope this helps

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Well as u know angus asked me to pressure it up so i did various ways and i did it standard and then i left it under pressure for longer than standard and still i couldnt blow the crystal off or the crown out or the caseback loose, so i say lets go diving , lol

disclaimer: all i can tell u is how this particular watch in the pics handled the pressure , so dont come crying to me if u sink yours, lmao

also when people send me watches to do this job i normally only go half way , cause most will never go over 10 feet of water , lol

ok here goes , first i pumped it up to 3atm which is more than enough for the average swim guy and the results no bubbles around the crystal or the caseback or the crown
i placed watch in the container

i pumped it up to 3atm which is standard practice (also letting it sit there and be scared for a little while) and is plenty for most people

and now i lowered in the cold depths of the ocean, lmao

then i slowly released teh pressure gauge, at this point u look for bubbles , usually u will see bubbles escape tthe bezel and the bracelet pin and sometime underneath the crown and they look a bit different than a leak bubble , its a zen thing, lol

anyway it passed with flying colors , then i did that same test again , same results

now i said to myself angus would want me to blow this thing up , so i tried and here r the results

same thing i suspeneded it and pumped it up till i couldnt pump it no more, i almost turned the whole machine over pumping so hard, lmao it gets really tight when u go full blast , the only other watch that i had tried this with was a mbw drsd and it did fine as well

then i waited ample time and then i lowered the boom , and i was seriosly expecting it to make me jump , cause i thought for sure that crystal was going to pop off really hard, usually that is what happens when a watch is weak in a area, i remember the first time i just bout peepeed in my pants , cause u dont expect it the first time, u r looking really close and hard for bubbles and then boom the crystal come flying at u and it scares u senseless and then u laugh and hury to get it out of there and salvage it , lmao

anyway here it is under 6at doing just fine and saying give me some more u cruel person, lmao

then i did it again and same results , hope u enjoyed it as much as i did , kudos to Angus for providing us with such a workhorse of a watch

joe

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
usually not a big Breitling lover - i start liking this one...wish the numbers on the dial would be made a little nicer.... great watch !!
what about the movement ? asian copy of ETA ??

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
the numbers r great , pics can decieve u , also its swiss

just be ready i have some good pics of genuine and im modding mine soon and then u can be the judge wowowow

joe

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Nice watch! Hehehe... Thank you for saving me not to buy one Joe. I decided to stick to my Avenger Seawolf. Looks like the Seawolf has superior build quality (and real life tested to 12atm).

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
that is great, but the avenger is way too big for me and not my taste, lol

this one doesnt sit up like a house on your wrist like the avengers do , lol

u must get one takashi, lmao

joe

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I tend to agree that the crystal is superior on this model... But, too many watches at the moment so I decided to call this a pass... but who knows? In few weeks/months time I may jump onto the bandwagon. Besides, I decided to collecting homogeneous branded rep (IWC)... oh that Costeau Diver's :p

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
rbj69 said:
that is great, but the avenger is way too big for me and not my taste, lol

this one doesnt sit up like a house on your wrist like the avengers do , lol

u must get one takashi, lmao

joe

yes yes! get one and let's compare it w my gen! :)