• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone here into FTA testing?

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Since it's one of my hobbies, I'm curious if anyone else in this forum shares this interest in FTA testing. Since they can be in a way replicas for some 'other" satellite receivers. There's a wealth of channels just swimming around the air and those with time and patience can get to see some cool stuff.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
please forgive my ignorance but what does FTA stand for?

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
I need significant information on FTA. I used to be into satellite tv programming. Can you suggest a good website for noob FTA info??

Renowned Member
19/10/06
efnstefn said:
I need significant information on FTA. I used to be into satellite tv programming. Can you suggest a good website for noob FTA info??

This is a GOOD ONE.

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Are we talking actual FTA channels or channels you are 'testing' ?

I used to test on D.Network equipment many years ago, it was easy then.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
I'm talking, testing FTA hardware. :twisted: the channels are there for us to test with. Shit still works Bigshooter, you should go back into it. it's FUN!

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
anubis144 said:
I'm talking, testing FTA hardware. :twisted: the channels are there for us to test with. Shit still works Bigshooter, you should go back into it. it's FUN!

Back in the day you simply used a AVR board, download the keys off the net and stick it in the card slot, then one day they sent out a massive ECM attack and locked up my boxes.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Ahh..Black Sunday. I remember it. But here's the thing though, FTA boxes now have autoroll, auto updating transponders (TP), PVR capabilities, 7 day guide etc. Can you Feel the Joy? :D

ThumbModds

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/06
I had a freind who used to program cards for me, he had all his computer equipment seized and got a $100,000.00 fine.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
@LWA. It is LEGAL to buy FTA hardware. what you do inside your own home it's another story and strictly your business.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
anubis144 said:
@LWA. It is LEGAL to buy FTA hardware. what you do inside your own home it's another story and strictly your business.

Exactly, the only way to win is do it for yourself and keep your mouth shut around your friends.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
So if your using an FTA receiver how do you program it?

ThumbModds

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/06
He used to reprogram dish cards for extra cash. that's what got him in trouble.

This FTA thing sounds cool though, how do you locate the satelites?

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
I started with a Fortec Ultra, graduated to a Coolsat 5000 and in a fit of weakness got a Viewsat Extreme( lately they've had great support, huh). Cracker knows what I'm talking about. :twisted:

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
AGGGGGGGHHHHH>>>> after spending a few years with a big honkin' dish in the back yard and moving away from the sat tv... I find myself curioursly drawn here... a new hobby dawns.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
you mean big ugly dish. :D :D I've always wanted one. but I live on the 2nd floor. no room on my roof. I already have 3 dishes up there and a snake nest of cables. :(