• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Pearls where do they go !!! / Submariners common!!!

judderman193

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/06
Quick one for the forum just as matter of interest to any of you submariner owners out there,

Particulary the ones who wear them regularley how long has your bezel pearl lasted before its fallen out have had three now which alternate as my everyday watch and all have lasted between three to six months. Is it the same with yours ? And is this a resonable time to expect them to last.

Im not really bothered as its one of the easiest ways to tell if your watch is a fake or not, and for me a watch is to be worn not looked up in display case and bowed to. But just wondered if this is a really common problem with other form users. I also believe this problem is very common with the new version of the original watch ?

To be honest it puts me right of buying any more and would rather have a gmt far less pretentious, less well know and proabley less likley to be called out as fake. May be talking out of my ass with that statement.

But seems gmt owners never get into pissing contests where I here all the time people showing of submariners and talking about them im talking about orginals now not fakes. if out with friends everyone notices my fake submariner and it never gets called but no one bothers or even gives second glance to friends real two tone gmt just find it strange.

Perhaps rolex should redefine the goal posted as Omega has done. The submariner is now, and hate to say this so common everyones got one.. as common as mondeo's

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I usually take off the bezel insert and reglue the pearl and the bezel insert (inserts come off as well occasionally) and have yet to have one fall off.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
If one gets a gen pearl or a good copy, is it an easy fix, or how much would a rep friendly watchsmith cost for something like that?

nkwell

Horology Curious
2/11/06
Bezel Pearls

Agreed. I bought a black sub, and bezel pearl had fallen out in 30 days flat. Am sending it back in for service, but I wonder if it is a problem for gens as well? All I know is I am getting a GMT next, I have always liked them, but now I want one more than ever, so I won't have to deal with the pearl falling out. When I get it back from service I will give it away as a gift. It looks very nice, but unfortunately it is all too common these days. Everyone has a black sub, but most don't look as nice as the ones you will get from dealers here ;)

dslmkr

Renowned Member
Certified
3/4/06
i've had this problem with latest "perfect" subs, whole damn insert falls out!!!! try explaining this to guys you are buying these for!! anyway, I replace whole damn insert from ebay seller for 20 bucks and never have a problem again!! BTW, " perfect" are not from any dealers on this forum, lets just say "rollback" prices!!

theinc83

Horology Curious
4/11/06
I have an lv and the pearl also fell out - don't know where it went

dkcambel

Known Member
24/3/06
I've had 2 subs (reps) for about 1 1/2 years now. Never had the pearly come out. My LV did have the entire insert come out once - I found it and glued it back on. My other sub has had no problems whatsoever. Just lucky I guess...

seaop1

Looking Around
26/1/07
Pearls gone

Does anyone have a good source for pearls? I'm needing two.

Jim

themick

18/12/06
had the pearl of my lv fall out about a month after i got it. no real happy with it. now it sits at the back of the sock drawer. joshua offers a pretty neat gmt 50th with black face and bezel with green gmt hand and green date font. gonna get her soon. :D

jdavis

28/9/06
themick said:
had the pearl of my lv fall out about a month after i got it. no real happy with it. now it sits at the back of the sock drawer. joshua offers a pretty neat gmt 50th with black face and bezel with green gmt hand and green date font. gonna get her soon. :D

That is a nice looking GMT. I've thought about getting it also but, I'm not sure that it isn't a fantasy watch.
Any Rollie experts know if it exists as a gen?

judderman193

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/06
yeah would second the pearl source comment will need to buy in bulk if anyone knows where to get them lol

kazushi

5/8/06
My LV just losts it's pearl... any luck with a good source for acceptably good pearls ?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jdavis said:
That is a nice looking GMT. I've thought about getting it also but, I'm not sure that it isn't a fantasy watch.

This one? It's the watch Rolex should have made. Yes, it's a Fantasy, but worth it.

gmt-02.jpg

kazushi

5/8/06
Looks really good, I'll keep it in mind if a lower priced ebay insert falls through...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
My sub....4 years old now with ETA...runs great and no pearl problems as of today.

Submariner.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Poug...nice fantasy, I agree, Rolex should have made it. Where did you get it from?

Pugwash said:
jdavis said:

This one? It's the watch Rolex should have made. Yes, it's a Fantasy, but worth it.

gmt-02.jpg

D

d4m.test

supermanx said:
I usually take off the bezel insert and reglue the pearl and the bezel insert (inserts come off as well occasionally) and have yet to have one fall off.

Hi
kind of new here my Peral fell out of my sub and is gone.
How do you take the bezel off to replace it or should I just buy a peral, were can I buy just a peral??

And how do I know one like this off e-bay will fit my watch??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Bezel-Insert- ... dZViewItem

thanks
GM991

kazushi

5/8/06
The best way to see if it fits is to measure it !

There are two sizes available on the net ! The Saphire crystal size and the Plastic crystal size, the plastic size is usually used in the older and vintage models, the Saphire size is used for year 2000+ models...

Personally I don't like the pearl in the bezel you found, look for the "red" bazel this guy sells, the pearl is much better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Bezel-Insert-fo ... dZViewItem

Use new pearl with old bezel...

D

d4m.test

Re: Rolex Pearls where do they go !!! / Submariners common!!

judderman193 said:
Quick one for the forum just as matter of interest to any of you submariner owners out there,

Particulary the ones who wear them regularley how long has your bezel pearl lasted before its fallen out have had three now which alternate as my everyday watch and all have lasted between three to six months. Is it the same with yours ? And is this a resonable time to expect them to last.

Im not really bothered as its one of the easiest ways to tell if your watch is a fake or not, and for me a watch is to be worn not looked up in display case and bowed to. But just wondered if this is a really common problem with other form users. I also believe this problem is very common with the new version of the original watch ?

To be honest it puts me right of buying any more and would rather have a gmt far less pretentious, less well know and proabley less likley to be called out as fake. May be talking out of my ass with that statement.

But seems gmt owners never get into pissing contests where I here all the time people showing of submariners and talking about them im talking about orginals now not fakes. if out with friends everyone notices my fake submariner and it never gets called but no one bothers or even gives second glance to friends real two tone gmt just find it strange.

Perhaps rolex should redefine the goal posted as Omega has done. The submariner is now, and hate to say this so common everyones got one.. as common as mondeo's

So did you replace the whole bezel insert or did you find a place to buy a bezel pearl?
I need one for my Sub....:(:(
Also were did you buy yours from?

thanks