• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Close to buying a Fiddy

Hyster

29/7/06
I am real close to pulling the trigger on Davidsen's Fiddy with all the mods.

The superlume and accuracy of the watch "On the wrist" are the most important things to me.

I just have a slight doubt in my mind when I see all the posts about Eddielee's Fiddy.

I don't think I would spend that time and huge amounts of cash modding a watch.

How do you think these watches compare "On the wrist" so to speak?

Am I making a mistake?

Dario33

19/5/06
Davidsen is a good choice for Fiddy. Personally, I went with EL's version, but only because I wanted the most accurate movement. Davidsen's requires far less mod's.

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
I went with B2K's version, because it seemed to include all the mods I could think of, and all the details both on and off wrist.
I have a bad habit of taking mine off the wrist and passing them around amongst my peers at work, many of whom own gens as well, or are fans.
Davidsen's and EL's both look good, just watch that cannon pinion.
I see no mention of superlume in the video of EL's "1950 C Class", so that would be a dealer question.
Barring those items, I think you'd be happy with either one regarding visual cues on the wrist.

D

d4m.test

I bought EL's w/real saphire and I love it! I get more comments about that watch than all my others. I am thinking of getting it superlumed since it is not now.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Davidsen's is a bit more accurate "on the wrist" than EL's, "out of the box". The SuperLume and cannon pin can be dead give-aways if you don't get them fixed.

However, the incorrect movement is also a dead give-away if you let anyone see it. :wink:

Hyster

29/7/06
sperry said:
I bought EL's w/real saphire and I love it! I get more comments about that watch than all my others. I am thinking of getting it superlumed since it is not now.

Nice one Sperry, if it was not for EL's fiddy I would already have bought Davidsen's.

I just cant make up my mind!

Welcome to the Darkside by the way.