• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean orange monster going under the knife , lol

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
some things im doing to make the dial more accurate

well for me the asian dials font and stuff is whiter and brighter(or should i say less blurred and not as crooked) than the 4th gen. po , but the markers on the 4th is more correct size and the logo is more correct in shape and size, so i said why dont i take the asian dial and swap the markers from one to the other and make the logo spacing right and being the asian dial has the correct number fonts (6,9,12) and the white writing is so much more bolder and brighter and more correct sized , then i would have a perfect dialed po , so here is the beginning of this task , u know me i cant let it be as is lol

so u r not confused, the omega lettering under the logo is not quite as big on the genuine more like the asian and the 4th has a slight blurred look to it if u really look at it good especially uncased, and if u look at the letter "r" at the end of the seamaster on the asian it is more correct , and also the number in orange r more correct on the asian dial , the 4ths have a white outline and r too thick, and on the 4th the word professional is in a slight slant from the word seamaster, but not at a glance noticeable but it is when u look carefully

now my question for u guys is what color is the lume
C1 super or C3 super, some pics look like one and the other of the gens. lol thanks

here is a side by side comparison of the dials , u can tell by the asian has the smaller markers but the reall pretty print and the omega logo is round metal and the 4th's is flat and more raised which looks like the genuine

heres the marker size difference

heres one installed so u can see the difference beside the smaller ones

here it is with all markers changed over to the asian dial and the logo changed over as well and it is in a better position, dont u think?

so do u think this dial is better now? tell me your thoughts, also keep in mind it is blowed up so it really looks better in person

also notice the orange on the 4th is lighter in color as the asian is a darker orange and it appears to be more correct to me from what i have seen but the main thing was the numbers were more correct sized and crispier looking to me and the outline is almost unbareable

rmoorez

Known Member
6/4/06
It's gorgeous. Great Job. That is one of my favorite watches and is on the top of my wish list.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
thanks for your comments

something else i notice comparing a upclose pic of the genuine to what i have now is the color of the dial numbers and the end tip of the second hand r different in color as well

here is genuine

here is what i have after i did the dial changing stuff , remember they r blowed u (meaning magnified)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
gosh... regretted that I sold 4th gen my PO dial. Nevertheless I am looking forward to a new generation of PO (if possible, 5th one turns out to be not so good). For the time being, PO Orange with 007 dial looks pretty cool :p

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Wow, looking at the side by side sure shows the differences very well. What a hugh difference and absolutely beautiful.

Now, how many extra asian dials do you have? :lol:

bam rock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
Is there a place we can pick up JUST the dials for the reps? I read about the place to buy gen dials but I think the cost would prohibit that. But to make this a frankenwatch project seems like a good idea and maybe even a little fun. I love this watch but I'm trying to hold out for a good 45mm version.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Very nice work Joe, reaffirming you status as our Modification Guru, you make the rest of us look like amateurs.

Very Nice Work!

Chris

meme

Horology Curious
11/5/06
Nice work RBJ.

The Asian Dial word "Omega" just looks a little off for me. Too "blocky" or not the right font kerning.

I do like the brighter white, and the spacing of the "600m" section of wording, and of course the logo too close to the "Omega" but that "Omega" font bugs me more.

The smaller markers make the dial look bigger, but I of course prefer the larger markers on the 4g.

amfiskadoz

26/6/06
Somebody has WAY to much time ( no pun intended) on their hands!

Maybe someone needs a little more work?!?

I may have your next project!

An OMEGA?? OMG!

It really does look good! I think that the tip of the second hand could be a shade darker or maybe it was just the lighting.

madSub

14/4/06
I have now noticed too that the 4th gen dials have poor NUMBER print and of course the much talked about Omega loop being too close. Anyone try making an Omega gen dial fit a rep watch like the 4th gen form TWG or Josh?

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
Great Job. One other recommendation...while you have it apart, send it in for some AR coating. Really makes a big difference and, for me, that is the one way to tell at a glance if it is a gen or a rep.

--Bearcat

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
RBJ has had this watch done for about 5 months, got sick and hasn't been around much lately.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Kinda looks like joe is back in full force..

Life is Good!