• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss eta vs. Asian eta. What are the differences?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Hello. I am a little confused between Swiss eta and Asian eta movements. Is the only difference being that one is assembled in Switzerland and one in Asia? I hope this is not a silly question but the perception seems to be that Swiss eta is preferable, but do most Swiss eta movements come from Asia? I need enlightenment. Thanks for any help.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
check out the faq section Cybee. There's indepth answers to your questions there, but short story:

all movements in reps are assembeld in china.

swiss: assembled in china using swiss parts. benefits: can be serviced abroad as standards lean towards swiss parts. better manufactured. Most of them are manufactured in the city of Q'onos, part of the Kobol province

asian: chinese parts. i've heard nothing but good stuff about asian 21j, but horror stories with the asian valjoux 7750 (copying swiss 7750). Most places will not service or replace parts as they're hard to come by outside of china.

sooooo... swiss will last you longer just because it can be serviced easier. Even if it breaks down early, you can easily (supposedly) get replacement parts for it.

***i may be wrong, so dont quote me on anything!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
OK. Thanks crick I'll check it out. By the way my first watch cleared customs in S.F. this morning. Getting excited. Thanks again.

crick

1/8/06
cybee said:
OK. Thanks crick I'll check it out. By the way my first watch cleared customs in S.F. this morning. Getting excited. Thanks again.

are you bay area? yay SF bay!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I am 4 hours to the south of S.F. Actually I come up to S.F. about three times a year to visit friends. I love S.F. great places to eat. Last time I visited the Cartier sore on Union Square, just for fun. That was before I learned about good reps.

crick

1/8/06
oh i c.

my bad :)

@tak: i'll draw the golden gate for you.

tak2.jpg

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p [smilie=angel8.gif] :p :p :p :p

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
[smilie=angry5.gif] :p :D Nice illustration. It's like something in XMen 3 :p

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Nice drawings of the bridge. Attention: I received my first watch today, took out my 120 Bergeon screwdriver removed a couple of links and, voila, a perfect fit. The Cartier is purring away beautifully. I gonna leave a great review for Trusty. The shipment took exactly 12 days and I could not be happier. I'm wearing it out to lunch tomorrow. Except I may have to roll up my left sleeve a little :D I am sure glad I found this site. Have to go now, gettiing to distracted looking at my watch.

maxse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/06
congrats on your new watch. Any pics?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Thanks. For some reason I can upload the pics, correct size and all but when I go to actually post them they do not show up. I'll keep trying though. :)

crick

1/8/06
wrist shot wrist shot wrist shot!

photobucket.com?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Going to photobucket now. By the way I've ridden in your car. Bart. :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yeah the bus is funny. He can put a lot of watches in it. :lol:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
CartierSeatimerWatch007Small.jpg

CartierSeatimerWatch009Small.jpg

Well I hope this works. If it does notice the black date wheel :( Other than that the watch is great, though photo not the best.