• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omge Deep Blue AT: Which version to choose - Opinions?

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Hey guys,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on an AT Deep Blue - it looks fantastic!

There was a discussion on this: https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/198507-New-Deep-Blue-Aqua-Terra but seeing as that was started awhile back, anyone purchased this recently? Reason I ask cause there seem to be 2 versions of the AT Deep Blue (excluding the newer Master Co-Ax version without the frame on the DW) - one with the Miyota decorated movement and the other in a A2824. Links from PT:

Miyota - http://www.puretime.watch/product/a...deep-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8500/
A2824 - http://www.puretime.watch/product/aqua-terra-41mm-ss-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824/

From the looks of the pics and videos posted on PT, it seems like the Miyota looks "better" out of those 2. The dial on the Miyota is not as "dull" as the A2824, has decorated movement, and also $40 bucks cheaper lol. I don't know much about Miyota movement but I've heard that the rotor is noisy, winding feels cheap compared to the A2824 and its also lighter than the A2824? Has anyone bought either versions and mind to share some light on which one out of the 2 is the better option?

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Really? No interest in this beauty? No ones gotten it lately? :newconfus:

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
I've ordered the miyota version for the exact reasons you have stated; better decorations and dial and alittle cheaper. But you have to keep in mind the stuttering issues with the miyota movement!!

Will get it after the new chinnes year, will sure share some insights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
I've ordered the miyota version for the exact reasons you have stated; better decorations and dial and alittle cheaper. But you have to keep in mind the stuttering issues with the miyota movement!!

Will get it after the new chinnes year, will sure share some insights...

That's also something I'm concerned about, the stuttering issues with the miyota and the not so smooth seconds sweep compared to the A2824.

I have a CrPO with the A2824 and it's perfect so far. I guess the decorated movement wouldn't really bother me that much since it'll be on my wrist anyway. But the dial on the A2824 doesn't look as good as the miyota and that for me is a real deal breaker as it's the most important part for me.

I'll look forward to your review on yours when it arrives. Hopefully someone else with the A2824 would be able to shed some insight and pics on theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/283699-AT-150m-Blue-came-today-)

Hi @pamegalex, there is a link to more photos of mine. It is a V6F myiota deco. movement, with date surround. No issue so far with that movement. I have a few myiotas and yes they are noisier than the A2824s and the A2836s. However this can be due to the open case back I do not know. All the other Asian CBs are solid. The aditional noise on this AT is not too bad, much more noticeable on something as big as a 45mm for some reason. It is a lower beat movement on the AT but again not noticeable unless you can count the difference between 6 or 8 beats per second. I do not have a stutter issue on mine and I have spent hours staring at it.

The only other thing that can be annoying about the Myiota is the lack of hacking seconds, so you cannot set the time precisely.

This dial on this is superb, not perfect to the gen but is superb nonetheless. It was this dial I was after and that is what my choice was based on.

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
I think the stutter issues with miyota is a hit and a miss; I have two miyota, the spectre and the CrPO. And while the CrPO working as a champ, the spectre stutter like hell, although only when moving hardly or shaking the watch ( personal doesn't bother me much, can live with it).

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/283699-AT-150m-Blue-came-today-)

Hi @pamegalex, there is a link to more photos of mine. It is a V6F myiota deco. movement, with date surround. No issue so far with that movement. I have a few myiotas and yes they are noisier than the A2824s and the A2836s. However this can be due to the open case back I do not know. All the other Asian CBs are solid. The aditional noise on this AT is not too bad, much more noticeable on something as big as a 45mm for some reason. It is a lower beat movement on the AT but again not noticeable unless you can count the difference between 6 or 8 beats per second. I do not have a stutter issue on mine and I have spent hours staring at it.

The only other thing that can be annoying about the Myiota is the lack of hacking seconds, so you cannot set the time precisely.

This dial on this is superb, not perfect to the gen but is superb nonetheless. It was this dial I was after and that is what my choice was based on.

Thanks for the insight mate. I guess from what everyone is saying here it's looking likely that the A2824 would be the go to choice?

I forgot about the non-hacking and that'll definitely be an issue for me. Don't think I'll be able to live with the noisy rotor, stuttering and non-hacking all together.

frediiii

3/7/15
I have the miyota version and it's a stunning piece. only the bracelet and clasp feel a bit on the flimsy/cheap side. the crystal is the best I've seen so far in terms of clarity and AR

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Seems like alot of ppl chose the miyota version. Anyone has any experience with the A2824 version?

sparky5

Horology Curious
7/7/11
Miyota version here. Bought from another member a few weeks ago as a catch and release. Occasionally it will stutter but the watch is so nice in almost every other way, it really doesn't bother me. Yes the rotor is noisy, but only if I have my ear up to it and that's not really going to happen often.

Only issue with mine is that the dial is a couple of mm off centre. The discerning and eagle eyed will notice, but 9 out of 10 people will never tell.

Currently my daily office beater.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Seems like alot of ppl chose the miyota version. Anyone has any experience with the A2824 version?

Forgot to mention the AR on mine, it is absolutely superb.

pedalpower

2/7/12
Really? I have the 'Master' version with Miyota and the AR is the worst of all my watches. Super reflective in every lighting situation. I'm considering paying the $150 to get the AR done right.

Same here, helps the dial to pop in lots of different lighting!

nickt

Supporter
Certified
8/3/15
Yes, AR is really great
TOM_0299_cr.jpg

sparky5

Horology Curious
7/7/11
Really? I have the 'Master' version with Miyota and the AR is the worst of all my watches. Super reflective in every lighting situation. I'm considering paying the $150 to get the AR done right.

Mines pretty good. It's not gen quality by any means, but I'm not going to go out and throw $150 at it to get it any better. That's half the cost of another rep. If I wanted something perfect, I'd save for a gen.

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Apart from the looks of the miyota dial compared to the A2824, what is the general feedback on the movement of the miyota(winding feels cheap? Noisy rotor? Stuttering? Non-hacking issues? Weight? etc)

Would really like to know if anyone got the A2824 version and could give their insight on it. I'm still leading more towards the A2824 for this simply because of the movement but the dial accuracy is holding me back. Having said that, I'm unconvinced that I should pick the miyota movement with all the known issues just for a better more accurate dial.

Argh help me guys..

glassman

Horology Curious
20/12/15
I'm another one who's waiting for opinions and pics of the A2824 version. Please, somebody who has one, post some pics! What I really want seems to be the best from both models--better dial sunburst, decorated movt and AR from Miyota ver, and hacking and smoother sec hand from A2824...so please, pics and evaluations!

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
I'm another one who's waiting for opinions and pics of the A2824 version. Please, somebody who has one, post some pics! What I really want seems to be the best from both models--better dial sunburst, decorated movt and AR from Miyota ver, and hacking and smoother sec hand from A2824...so please, pics and evaluations!

Mate that's exactly what I'm hoping for the AT but unfortunately I don't think it's possible to have a "best of both worlds" for the AT - at least not OOB.

I'm pretty much set on the A2824 version simply because of the movement reliability, non-stuttering seconds hands and hacking but the accuracy of the dial is what worries me..

The miyota version with its decorated movement is pretty damn nice, it doesn't really play much of a factor to me as the watch is gonna be on my wrist anyway. The stuttering of the hands and non-hacking is the major issue holding me back from pulling the trigger.

That's why it would be great to see if some members here have the AT in the A2824 and some good pics to compare with the so called better dial of the miyota.