• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buemi on a red strap

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
I would need a little help here…
I just bought a Buemi and I would love to have it on a red strap as jamztio did with his. It is on a deployment buckle.
Do I just need to buy the replica red watch strap (as
http://www.puretime.watch/product/a...ed-rubber-strap-for-royal-oak-offshore-diver/)
and a 18mm deployment buckle or the replica red strap will work only with a tang buckle?

mkuc14.png

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
You need to get a red rubber strap made for deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
Thanks for your help.
I guess that a replica red rubber strap made for deployment does not exist, right? :unsure:

jpohl402

10/7/12
Thanks for your help.
I guess that a replica red rubber strap made for deployment does not exist, right? :unsure:

Exactly right!!
Only rep rubber in red is for Tang, and also (I believe) in XS size...
To get red rubber for deployant, you need to go Gen... However the drawback is that Gen straps leave gaps on JF cases (ie. Buemi). Sometimes they are minimal/slight but other times pretty pronounced.
Further, Noob end links won't fit on JF cases so you cant go that route either... :(

jpohl402

10/7/12
@Robi666
I forgot about that option. From what I understand, they are only so-so quality. Prob not worth the price, no. But you also don't have a lot of options!
I myself ruled it out as *I* wouldnt buy Apbands rubber... But I'm kinda Ocd.

Fyi: Jamz's (the photo above) is a gen strap...

Further fyi: there WAS a red Apbands strap on here in FS section, I think possibly from member Alvedon. I commented on the thread, search my posts. Not sure if still available but would be a cheaper way to try the look...!

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
No, that was sold. First thing I looked at.
There is also a gen red rubber for sale, but I am not going to spend that kind of money.
I already bought the Apbands strap with that 20% discount, long size... as you pointed out, nothing else to do.
Thanks a lot for your help.

GreenTea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/12/15
Yes it would. Yellow strap is sold out on Apbands website.

Nooooooooooooo!!! I think a gray color would look badass too, but the red and yellow are awesome. Been looking around for a nice camo looking color as well.

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
But does the rep red strap fit on the buemi? So you can use it with tang on buemi?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
If your Beumi is a JF, you can go the red rep strap route. I just purchased one from PureTime and installed it on my JF V7 Diver. it should be the same size and fit your SB. It is however a tang buckle (which I prefer).

lolo1972sg

Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
If your Beumi is a JF, you can go the red rep strap route. I just purchased one from PureTime and installed it on my JF V7 Diver. it should be the same size and fit your SB. It is however a tang buckle (which I prefer).
Frankly, for straps like these, there is really no need to buy from a TD at a ridiculous price or more than usd50. PM me for more info if needed.