• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Noob v6

tradingra

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/12/15
Hi guys

I ordered the noob v6 last month and it feels very very light. Does anyone have the precise weight specs of this rep vs gen? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
No mate v6

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
If you bought it a month ago it is probably a v5. Some dealers were calling an upgrade from v5 a v6. A true v6 was only released a couple weeks ago.
Anyway, on rolex forum they say a subC weighs 160 grams with full bracelet links. Weigh yours and let us know...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
No mate v6

You can't of bought a v6 last month ha ha that's impossible it was even released until a few day ago you have a v5 with updated dial bro

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Think you go lied to Dude. On the bright side, it's still a nice watch!

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Yeah looks like. But I checked with 3 TDs and all of them were willing to send me the v6 last month. I checked with the fellow just now and he was giving me some bs about my watch being v6 with some dial printing upgrade and now calling this new one the real v6. Bunch of crooks all of them. Had a pretty shitty experience dealing with that scum too. I will be happy to name and shame the bastards who I contacted and the asshole who eventually sold the "v6" to me.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I'd get ahold of Traillboss, and lay out the story to him.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
OP is talking about a subC ???

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Nobody really lied.some tds were calling the the v5 with updated dial the v6.but the real v6 is called the v6s

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Yes sub date

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Some TD's were calling the V5.1 the V6. I think this is the confusion here.

Yeah but when he said really light it made me think he might be talking about a classic sub, and i know the TC sub is at version 6 now, so.....it wouldnt be the first time someone got confused .....

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
So here is what happened. I was looking for a sub and being a newbie I asked around. An informed new friend told me to get the v6. He perhaps knew that the v6 was on its way out. So I went to a bunch of websites but could only see v5 listed. So I emailed them and asked that I need v6. I was in no rush and could have waited if the assholes told me the truth. Amazing thing is that all 3 said yes to selling me v6. They all said when I order just put v6 in the notes. I have all this in writing. Anyway it's only a few bucks so doesn't matter to me but I think this td thing is way too overrated. The asshole I bought from tried very hard to sell me the other watch I purchased (2 watched in the same order) even when there were glaring qc issues. Had to fight with him over multiple emails to get him to procure a decent watch (not the Rolex). So basically this entire buying from td concept seems bs to me. The chances of getting a lemon or defective watch or worse a watch u don't want are as high with TDs as with buying anywhere.
Thanks for your inputs guys. Cheers

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Sounds like there's some lying going on there to me. For what it's worth I buy from Ryan at Intime and always get treated square.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Sounds like there's some lying going on there to me. For what it's worth I buy from Ryan at Intime and always get treated square.

Yup I buy from ryan.angus and toro.amongst others and they never do me wrong

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Hopefully you, OP, at least got this watch at the v5 price discount.

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Mr Toro was one of them btw. Have all in emails. No one is sacred my friend. Everyone loves a quick buck.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Mr Toro was one of them btw. Have all in emails. No one is sacred my friend. Everyone loves a quick buck.

You got pics ?