• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Ceramic Bezel on gen watch?

pdx7

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/4/13
Does anyone know if rep ROO bezels fit get watches? I have both size by size and they look identical. I want to try to buy a rep ceramic bezel (like the diver) and put it on a gen 42mm Panda....

allin72offsuit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/15
Maybe it's just me but this seems like the reverse-franken. Why add rep parts to a gen if you already have a full one? Why not just try to source a gen ceramic bezel instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
The gen ceramic bezels are very very expensive so it would be a cheap replacement option.

I think a JF bezel will fit the gen. Diver and Chrono bezels are not interchangeable though and I don't know a 42mm chrono with a ceramic bezel

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Maybe it's just me but this seems like the reverse-franken. Why add rep parts to a gen if you already have a full one? Why not just try to source a gen ceramic bezel instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because AP will NOT sell or retrofit a Ceramic bezel on 42mm Chrono Roo, as None came that way from the factory. No matter what you're willing to pay, AP won't do it...!
Sorry OP I do not know if it will fit. Ive been hoping another member will chime in, [MENTION=12904]AstroAvia[/MENTION] for instance. Or maybe PM him, I bet he will know or could find out for you.
They won't be too expensive, (esp compared to gen AP), so I think you should purchase one - AFTER CNY of course - and give it a shot! Good luck and have fun.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
The ROO models with Ceramic or Cermet bezel use different tachy and Crystal; the Crystal is floating on the tachy and not pressed as on SS, titanium or gold bezel...

pdx7

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/4/13
Thats correct you cant just buy a ceramic bezel from AP because they dont want owners copying their limited edition versions.

aflop

22/5/13
Because AP will NOT sell or retrofit a Ceramic bezel on 42mm Chrono Roo, as None came that way from the factory. No matter what you're willing to pay, AP won't do it...!
Sorry OP I do not know if it will fit. Ive been hoping another member will chime in, [MENTION=12904]AstroAvia[/MENTION] for instance. Or maybe PM him, I bet he will know or could find out for you.
They won't be too expensive, (esp compared to gen AP), so I think you should purchase one - AFTER CNY of course - and give it a shot! Good luck and have fun.

I hate to differ with you bro but they actually do. I know at least one local owner who has done it with AP service centers!

9867045aea80880e49a335a66961f4ac.jpg

D

d4m.test

At the price the gen replacement does come (including a full service anyway) it´s well worth to try this out.

jpohl402

10/7/12
[MENTION=64642]aflop[/MENTION]
Wow, thats awesome! I didn't know! Very cool, though I suspect rare. Thanks for sharing bro!

aflop

22/5/13
I still wouldn't do it myself anyway, because you aren't 100% sure that the gaskets and crystal fit well. If there is a leak you ruin your gen and if the service center finds out (and they will find out) you opened the watch outside of the authorized service center, you void all warranty!

jpohl402

10/7/12
I hate to differ with you bro but they actually do. I know at least one local owner who has done it with AP service centers!

As you pointed out... Found more pics:

image_zpsthhpm7ad.jpeg

image_zpsu1jx3kkg.jpeg

image_zpsmwhyhkos.jpeg

image_zpsgh8cawas.jpeg

image_zpstvabb1f1.jpeg

image_zpsczdbsqoh.jpeg

image_zpsndi1yklu.jpeg

image_zps5gbzlfky.jpeg

image_zps6tr0nd12.jpeg

Looks amazing on grey rubber, doesn't it?! Wow!!

jpohl402

10/7/12
Not convinced at all that AP will do a ceramic upgrade …..

I've seen a few Grand Prix's that have had this supposedly done by AP ….

yet both Marcus of Bond St and my local AP dealer are both 100% adamant that AP do nothing of the kind ….

Here's a RG GP with the ceramic currently for sale .. !!!

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarspiguet/royal-oak-offshore-grand-prix-ceramic-bezel--id2992666.htm

I've seen them too, Andman... Both in regular FC and also in RG
Here are links about the makeovers. Directly from AP! Strange...?!?!

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=324792

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=314187

jpohl402

10/7/12
Notice these are actually *VENTED* bezels, JUST like the OEM carbon!! ;)

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
@jpohl402 absolutely …. I've seen quite few like those for sale and they are or appear to be legit …. I just can't figure out why when I asked Marcus

and AP direct they both told me categorically it can't or won't be done by AP …. Odd !!! :balloon:

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I recently asked the only official (not "authorised") service centre in London about AP swapping gen parts from different models or even generations (where there are slight changes to dials, dw, etc) and was told that they only do "like for like". So it should be either a third party mod or was probably done by a centre somewhere in a diamond region.