• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disassembly of 15400? Want to raise octagon screws.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Quite a few members have written about brushing the bezels, but I can´t find threads where there´s any method to remove it described. I want to raise the octagon screws, but it didn´t come apart like I had expected. Have anyone taken pictures of a disassembly that they would like to share?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Why would you want to remove it? Are you going to polish it?

cben

Renowned Member
5/4/14
What version do you have?
If it's not a JF you just need to unscrew the caseback screw.
Otherwise you need a "ap screwdriver", the assembly is the same as the offshore models.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Why not try a rubber washer or wrap some waxed dental floss around the screw shaft, under the screw head. That way you won't mess anything up.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
I think it´s a JF case and bracelet, but the movement is very basic(just a decorated rotor). Where do I find an AP screwdriver? ´cause I´m fairly sure that I can´t fit any tweezers inside the holes(like you are advised for the ROO). I removed the caseback, but it did not affect the octagons like I had expected(I thought they were nuts for the caseback screws).

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Why not try a rubber washer or wrap some waxed dental floss around the screw shaft, under the screw head. That way you won't mess anything up.
I don´t understand what that would do to fix my issue?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I don´t understand what that would do to fix my issue?

This would lift the screws up in their sockets thereby achieving the same result as sanding down the bezel.

If the movement has no deco plate then it's not a JF. More likely a TF in which case there are no bezel nuts like the JF has, or V7 diver etc, and the case back nuts are the only fixing for the bezel screws.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
I was going to lift the screws, not sand down the bezel. As I wrote, there is no effect on the screws when the back screws are removed. Therefore they can not be the nuts. I´ll upload some pics of the watch later.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I took a cheap flatscrew driver and used a dremel tool with a sanding disk to create a gap in the center of the flat area. Now it looks sort of like a two-pronged mini fork and works like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
I took a cheap flatscrew driver and used a dremel tool with a sanding disk to create a gap in the center of the flat area. Now it looks sort of like a two-pronged mini fork and works like a charm
Did you use this on a 15400?

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
Anyone knows what maker is behind this?
KAkzb0O.jpg

vwVZbmq.jpg

oJvMaB9.jpg

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Ok, I thought you wanted to remove the brushing on the bezel. But actually you were looking for tear down photos.

Ok, there's TF, JF, V6 and BP makers of the 15400. I know for a fact that TF and V6 do not have bezel nuts. The JF definitely does. I do not know about BP. The tool for a V7 sized nut is too big, assuming a snug fit in the V7, and won't fit down the hole in the 15400. You can use a single small gauge screwdriver in one of the four "castle" cutouts of the bezel nut, as they wont be tight and will spin out easily.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
I will try to make something like this:
VStWhbk.jpg

Picture stolen(or borrowed from an RWG thread)

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Why don't you just try what I suggested above? You could have done it by now!!

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
I got it, but one of the nuts were bent so I didn´t get the result I wanted. Anyway I want to thank everyone who offered their help. Thanks guys!