• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have a Gen DateJust, add a Rep DateJust?

ProGun

Horology Curious
28/1/16
Hello all,

New to the Forum. I've been considering picking up a couple rep watches. I'm a longtime owner (bought new in 2001) of a Gen DateJust (avatar). I love this watch and wear it almost everyday, but have thought about buying a Rep Datejust with a different look/dial. I have a thin wrist and like the 36mm size...just works for me. I've never handled or worn a nice replica Rolex and wondering if I will like it? I mean, they look great in the photos but will it feel cheap and wear that much different than my Gen? I don't expect perfection, of course, but don't want to have it just end up sitting in a drawer. Comments/thoughts from those of you with experience with both Gen/Rep Rolex, esp. DateJust?

And no, I can't swing buying another gen Rolex at the moment!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
A good DJ rep is pretty close to gen. Nembo over on RepGeek has some very nice ones from Thailand

Locknload

22/3/13
I have a gen white dial 16030 and am building a franken 16014 because I like the gen so much. The franken DJ's show up in the sales section from time to time and most are scary close to gen.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
If you get a high quality rep or Franken you will not be disappointed. This is a cheap 1016 which is a good base for Franken or modding and a Super Franken 16013 with a lot of gen parts.

ac07aa898ae1af0dbb7002701204ab04.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I have a gen 16013 and I'm considering another gen Datejust 16014. I have had reps and the feel is very similar. Reps nowadays are not bad. Especially the Datejust reps. As others have said, some Frankens are crazy close to gen

D

d4m.test

Once You get it, whatever You choose, a "first impressions" and some comparison pics with the gen would be very welcome:)
You can take some 14 days for choosing/reading as Chinese New Year is coming up anyway and it will be best to order right after.

Lewis1993

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/15
Hello everyone I am new here and was wondering if I placed a order Jan 28 2016 from n factory what are the chances of me getting it this week? He said he will shit it via dhl express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask your TD mate, he can guide you on whats best to do. Its probably best to wait now as im sure its all winding down for CNY anyway.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Hello everyone I am new here and was wondering if I placed a order Jan 28 2016 from n factory what are the chances of me getting it this week? He said he will shit it via dhl express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody can either tell you or guarantee what the shipping time is. Normally it's between 7 and 14 days. Occasionally it comes sooner but more often not. If you want quick, you better look to M2M sales.

stray_cat

Known Member
2/6/13
You could keep your eyes open for franken and super-franken mymanmatt pieces in the m2m section also. Beautiful and arguably indistinguishable from gen. They come up all the time, and most are conus. Search the m2m section for 16014 and enjoy some DJ eye candy lol.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
It all depends in who's looking at your reps.

I've had my frankens mistaken for reps and gotten compliments . I just said "oh yeah, thanks"

Sometimes I even fool myself. [emoji2]

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Intime seems to have a lot of these latley.

Classic watches, about the smallest I'll go anymore @36mm. Rolex can pull it off because of classic design. I have a later version when they started with the squarer lugs ;

DSCN0256_zps84712fad.jpg

Snoweagle

29/1/15
It all depends in who's looking at your reps.

I've had my frankens mistaken for reps and gotten compliments . I just said "oh yeah, thanks"

Sometimes I even fool myself. [emoji2]

No one knows my DSSD is a rep unless I tell them. I've even two colleagues who told me I'm lying to them, saying my DSSD is a rep as it looks just like a gen.

So with good quality reps, just as good as gens.

Cronus4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/15
Have you thought about a different rep than what you already own in a gen? Just to switch it up?

lolo.m

Known Member
4/2/16
I think the 16030/16014 are the best to build. I love building them, i bid on every case that you can found on ebay.
You can build one, without the bracelet, for less than 500$

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
You have some great advice on here from some great members of the forum.... Some real top guys.... This is why RWI is the best!

Sent from my LG-H815