• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6f Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm Titanium (TiPO) Review. Pic. Heavy

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
LMAO I only have a few-ish. I have gone mad recently and bought a Rollie 114060 and I have a Hulk on the way. I just hope I don't get as obsessed about Rolex as I am about Omega, it will mean divorce lol.
I never thought Rollies can be such an obsession, what can I say other than good luck with the divorce [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I never thought Rollies can be such an obsession, what can I say other than good luck with the divorce [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone
The introduction of another watch box will really nail it lol. I must start selling the ones that get no wrist time. I am too much of a hoarder though :(

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
The introduction of another watch box will really nail it lol. I must start selling the ones that get no wrist time. I am too much of a hoarder though :(
Well you have maybe to let go the ones that don't get much of a wrist time.. I am practical and don't get attached, just let them go and anticipate for the new ones!

Sent from my iPhone

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Well you have maybe to let go the ones that don't get much of a wrist time.. I am practical and don't get attached, just let them go and anticipate for the new ones!

Sent from my iPhone
Its good advice I hope I take it.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
You cannot go wrong with a CrPO :)

I am waiting for parts to come for my Franken SMP. I will be taking the TiPO and a batch of other watches to my watchmaker for waterproofing then. I will update the results.

Thank! Keep us posted! How much does your watchmaker usually charge you for waterproofing?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
That includes pressure test and replacement gaskets.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15

Damn that's a great deal! What does he charge you for just an oil servicing? (just so I have a reference) I've got a watch smith in my area who's pretty good and has reasonable pricing it seems, but I have no idea what he'd charge for waterproofing and it seems watch smiths' prices for this service can range all over the place.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Damn that's a great deal! What does he charge you for just an oil servicing? (just so I have a reference) I've got a watch smith in my area who's pretty good and has reasonable pricing it seems, but I have no idea what he'd charge for waterproofing and it seems watch smiths' prices for this service can range all over the place.
Full service €160, including stripping and cleaning. Actually that one had a replacement gen crown included. So I guess around €120.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
Full service €160, including stripping and cleaning. Actually that one had a replacement gen crown included. So I guess around €120.

Hmmm, I guess waterproofing isn't so expensive then unless a watch smith just tries to rake you over the coals. When I had a leaky, melted-glue problem with my PAM, this watch smith I used cleaned the glue off the sapphire/bezel and took apart and oiled/cleaned the entire movement for $50 (USD); I didn't ask him for the oil/cleaning but he said he's the type that if he sees a dirty movement, he can't resist cleaning it up. :) So I guess he should be in the same cheap ballpark for the pressure test/gasket replacement.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hmmm, I guess waterproofing isn't so expensive then unless a watch smith just tries to rake you over the coals. When I had a leaky, melted-glue problem with my PAM, this watch smith I used cleaned the glue off the sapphire/bezel and took apart and oiled/cleaned the entire movement for $50 (USD); I didn't ask him for the oil/cleaning but he said he's the type that if he sees a dirty movement, he can't resist cleaning it up. :) So I guess he should be in the same cheap ballpark for the pressure test/gasket replacement.
Oh yeah if you found someone you get on with and like doing business with just go back to him. $50 sounds very reasonable.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just to update the thread. The TiPO waterproofed and passed a pressure test with flying colours. New gaskets and resealed. Its a good one :)

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
Just to update the thread. The TiPO waterproofed and passed a pressure test with flying colours. New gaskets and resealed. Its a good one :)
Awesome! Thanks for the update! Did your watch smith tell you what pressure it tested up to?

bclaud

Known Member
6/4/11
Hello guys, I am preparing to place an order for TiPO but want to know if V6F/KW is the best version to take now (I had the BP version last year, but sold).
I am more interested in visible face vs movement look.

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Hello guys, I am preparing to place an order for TiPO but want to know if V6F/KW is the best version to take now (I had the BP version last year, but sold).
I am more interested in visible face vs movement look.

From what I've read on this forum, the V6F TIPO has better finishing and details than the BP on both the bezel and watch face, and also the back side, including the engravings and decoration of the movement.
I've only seen photos of the BP, but love my V6F.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
From what I've read on this forum, the V6F TIPO has better finishing and details than the BP on both the bezel and watch face, and also the back side, including the engravings and decoration of the movement.
I've only seen photos of the BP, but love my V6F.

Not to keep begging for a wrist shot, but I still would really really appreciate a wrist shot if you'd be so kind. :)