• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig schumi

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
WTF??? That´s crazy... This one dosen't have the V8 but it's the same year but it's 65k.

Skaumlrmklipp_zpskol0wydr.png

You're based in Norway? If that's the case then I'll bow out of the fight. Too expensive there!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Entry level dude.
But don't take my word for it:
Here's a second hand (almost a year old) Land Cruiser (not invincible, nor maxed out) for sale - obviously some small bargaining possible but not by much. FX rates are about $USD1:$SGD1.43 at the moment.

Still almost USD$185k

A $6,500 franken? Pfft chump change to my friend who used to drive a Maserati. LOL! @legend

The equivalent car is €109,000 here (just under $120k). €2,200 road tax (€333 if you tax it as a non passenger vehicle). So yes I think I will stay here. lol

2015 (151) TOYOTA LANDCRUISER V8 4.5 D4D BUSINESS EDITION 5 SEATER COMMERCIAL==€90, 000 NET OF VAT==
€109,000
lay SlideshowEnlarge Photo
no-photo.gif

See more
(20 photos)
MakeTOYOTAModelLANDCRUISERPrice€109,000Engine4.5 DieselBody TypeSUVTransmissionAutomaticYear2015 (151)ColourSilverMileage100 m (161 km)Owners Doors LocationGalwayNCT Expiry Additional Info​
=
Lol @aflop that massy was an embarrassment.. all show but no go.
I am now driving something that has all the go but very little show, and its the way I like it.
Your ride, on the other hand, is part of the Singapore success story.

I like the way you are thinking. There is a lot more going on under the bonnet of mine than the semi-humble badges and understated looks indicate. It also takes 3 kids in the back, with utmost safety, which is my prime concern.

Move to the good old USA, I bought a 2013 Durango R/T AWD new in 2013 prior to that I had a 2000 Durango SRT? 4X4 and I think this years registration on the 2013 was like $335.00 , My wifes cousins were over from France last summer and couldnt believe all the big SUVs and nice cars in general... My answer.. Its Southern California its a Car Culture. But really You guys in Europe and I guess elsewhere are getting screwed. I remember when my Wife and I were first married I was looking at a Jaguar in Paris that was $20,000 more than the same exact model in Southern California.... Its cheaper to get the car to Paris than to Los Angeles, Maybe the VAT was already added but still it was a $40,000 car for $60,000 give me a break F ing government rip off.

I was over at a wedding in SF, I was collecting vintage SLs at the time. Got talking to a German guy living there (he was my friend's sister's boyfriend). He collected SLs too. So he let me borrow one of his for the week. I have to say driving around California in an open top is like a dream come true. I will never forget it. Ireland is a car culture too, mainly because it has sub standard unreliable public transport and a lot of us choose to live in Rural areas. We are heavily peanlised for driving though. You are right the Gov. taxes screw us, plus not one penny of our road taxes are spent on roads.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow with all these cars, we definitely need a large garage to house them all!
Do you happen to know any reliable builder around? Maybe one who has the experience constructing and operating his own building or two? :shuffle:

The equivalent car is €109,000 here (just under $120k). €2,200 road tax (€333 if you tax it as a non passenger vehicle). So yes I think I will stay here. lol

2015 (151) TOYOTA LANDCRUISER V8 4.5 D4D BUSINESS EDITION 5 SEATER COMMERCIAL==€90, 000 NET OF VAT==
€109,000
lay SlideshowEnlarge Photo

See more
(20 photos)
MakeTOYOTAModelLANDCRUISERPrice€109,000Engine4.5 DieselBody TypeSUVTransmissionAutomaticYear2015 (151)ColourSilverMileage100 m (161 km)Owners Doors LocationGalwayNCT Expiry Additional Info​
=

I like the way you are thinking. There is a lot more going on under the bonnet of mine than the semi-humble badges and understated looks indicate. It also takes 3 kids in the back, with utmost safety, which is my prime concern.

I was over at a wedding in SF, I was collecting vintage SLs at the time. Got talking to a German guy living there (he was my friend's sister's boyfriend). He collected SLs too. So he let me borrow one of his for the week. I have to say driving around California in an open top is like a dream come true. I will never forget it. Ireland is a car culture too, mainly because it has sub standard unreliable public transport and a lot of us choose to live in Rural areas. We are heavily peanlised for driving though. You are right the Gov. taxes screw us, plus not one penny of our road taxes are spent on roads.

Reactions: Allure

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Do you happen to know any reliable builder around? Maybe one who has the experience constructing and operating his own building or two? :shuffle:

LMAO

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12

:hehehe:

whatdoumacallit

29/4/15

You're misunderstanding why youre being taxed! The reason tax rates are so high is because of externalities you are imposing on other people by your driving eg. air and noise pollution, road congestion etc... The reason tax rates are so high is to reflect the cost you are imposing on society back on you i.e. to make the private cost to you = the social cost of you driving. The extra revenue is just an added bonus for the govt! ;) Same goes for smoking, drinking, air travel... :)

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
You're based in Norway? If that's the case then I'll bow out of the fight. Too expensive there!

No buddy, Sweden. Norway is crazy expensive!

Here's Norway compared to the US. The norwegian Toyota is the older version and has a 2.8L diesel while the US has a 5.7 V8. The difference 31k.

Skaumlrmklipp_zpstzvv7n27.png

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
You're misunderstanding why youre being taxed! The reason tax rates are so high is because of externalities you are imposing on other people by your driving eg. air and noise pollution, road congestion etc... The reason tax rates are so high is to reflect the cost you are imposing on society back on you i.e. to make the private cost to you = the social cost of you driving. The extra revenue is just an added bonus for the govt! ;) Same goes for smoking, drinking, air travel... :)
Good point. You mean all the good things get taxed :) Alcohol here, although heavily taxed, is not taxed enough in my humble opinion as it does more social harm than anything else.

However the car I just posted above although I cannot see it available in the UK, I would estimate costs around £60k (€80k ish) in the UK, based on comparing other similarly priced cars. Just highlighting we pay more for road usage here than in the UK (and certainly less than the US) with less or inadequate public transport alternatives.

I feel weird using this thread as a general rant about motoring lol. How did it get here?

whatdoumacallit

29/4/15
Good point. You mean all the good things get taxed :) Alcohol here, although heavily taxed, is not taxed enough in my humble opinion as it does more social harm than anything else.

However the car I just posted above although I cannot see it available in the UK, I would estimate costs around £60k (€80k ish) in the UK, based on comparing other similarly priced cars. Just highlighting we pay more for road usage here than in the UK (and certainly less than the US) with less or inadequate public transport alternatives.

I feel weird using this thread as a general rant about motoring lol. How did it get here?

Yeah basically! I personally believe smoking should be taxed into oblivion along with vaping and everything related... but I cant agree with alcohol taxes. As a student, increasing those would seriously reduce my quality of life :p

Yeah you make a good point, the reason I posted was because of your comment that tax revenues from cars isn't spent on roads! It is interesting how motoring costs vary by country... the same can be said for watches too!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Yeah basically! I personally believe smoking should be taxed into oblivion along with vaping and everything related... but I cant agree with alcohol taxes. As a student, increasing those would seriously reduce my quality of life :p

Yeah you make a good point, the reason I posted was because of your comment that tax revenues from cars isn't spent on roads! It is interesting how motoring costs vary by country... the same can be said for watches too!
Of course there should be a student exemption to alcohol taxes :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mr Pimilco doesn't look to have much to say does he?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Government Elites / Super rich trying to impose there will on the people because we cant decide whats right. They want to control and contain us. Its time for a Revolution!

FYI: I'm a huge Joey Dunlop fan.. I even have one of his Arai limited edition helmets in a case from the Visor shop!