• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANGUS - PureTime - Please REP THESE IWCs

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
@Angus
Any chance of convincing the ZF factory to rep these 2 beautiful IWCs?

First is IWC Big Pilot Rodeo Drive Boutique Edition
- Beautiful Ceramic Case
- Sunburst Blue Dial

Second, IWC 5005 - I personally think it looks better than the 5009

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
Angus,
Please look into these 2 models and see if they can be done!

Hopefully someone brings this topic up to his attention lol

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Second please!! Love the Ingenieur 7 Day!!

IWC7days.jpg

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
New style ingenieur for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
I'd love to see this IWC BP Father model repped!

53DA9442-11B5-431A-ACED-11643AA9318F.jpg

wollerau

Known Member
26/10/15
The great thing about this forum is that it connects us, dealers and makers. But I seriously doubt that a simple post like this will motivate dealers or makers to work on certain models.

If I interpret the information I read about the makers correctly (mostly from Angus' Industries Insight sub-forum) they choose the models mainly based on two factors: amount of potential buyers and complexity of the model (or rep part availability). They will always choose what ratio is best in their eyes..

So maybe we could improve future "please rep this watch" threads by trying to find plausible arguments and estimations for these two questions.

In case of this thread the buyers power could be estimated by the number of views or a poll like "Would you buy 502003? Yes / No" - the ratio might give some hints even if the number of votes ain't high.
The parts availability/build complexity is another thing - movement is there, 3777 PP dial producer should be able to make this thing but the ceramic case? When was the last time a new repped non-glossy ceramic IWC case was released? Based on these thoughts we will see a BP PP much sooner than a BP Rodeo. [EDIT: Just realized the BP PP was released some days ago, I missed that]

Just my two cents, but I think by formalising these kind of threads both sides would profit.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
The great thing about this forum is that it connects us, dealers and makers. But I seriously doubt that a simple post like this will motivate dealers or makers to work on certain models.

If I interpret the information I read about the makers correctly (mostly from Angus' Industries Insight sub-forum) they choose the models mainly based on two factors: amount of potential buyers and complexity of the model (or rep part availability). They will always choose what ratio is best in their eyes..

So maybe we could improve future "please rep this watch" threads by trying to find plausible arguments and estimations for these two questions.

In case of this thread the buyers power could be estimated by the number of views or a poll like "Would you buy 502003? Yes / No" - the ratio might give some hints even if the number of votes ain't high.
The parts availability/build complexity is another thing - movement is there, 3777 PP dial producer should be able to make this thing but the ceramic case? When was the last time a new repped non-glossy ceramic IWC case was released? Based on these thoughts we will see a BP PP much sooner than a BP Rodeo. [EDIT: Just realized the BP PP was released some days ago, I missed that]

Just my two cents, but I think by formalising these kind of threads both sides would profit.

The thing is, they have all the parts required or simple dial changes required for these different versions. Ceramic case, yes they have this - dial they have already repped the proper sunburst with the Petit Prince. Same with the Father and Son edition, they have the sunburst dial (just a different shade). In terms of the Ingenieur, no they do not have this currently - but that watch has been repped in the past (albeit with a non working PR). So it's not impossible, and I think they should try and utilize the funds they've spent in this new 7 Days movement with as many releases using this movement as possible.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
The thing is, they have all the parts required or simple dial changes required for these different versions. Ceramic case, yes they have this - dial they have already repped the proper sunburst with the Petit Prince. Same with the Father and Son edition, they have the sunburst dial (just a different shade). In terms of the Ingenieur, no they do not have this currently - but that watch has been repped in the past (albeit with a non working PR). So it's not impossible, and I think they should try and utilize the funds they've spent in this new 7 Days movement with as many releases using this movement as possible.

Big +1!