• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Youtubers hating on the rep community?

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
Its been said before, but basically we live in a world of the haves and the have nots.
The rich will always try to disassociate themselves from the masses. Hard working, honest folk always have less earning power but that does not mean they don't have aspirations.
When the well-to-do see something that puts us on an equal footing as them and a blurring of the lines between "them" and "us" , they naturally don't like it...
But at the end of the day, us folk here on RWI and similar, are in it for the watches - pure and simple. We LOVE our watches, and that's the long and the short of it. They are not trophy items to us but a measure or expression of mans fascination with intricate machinery and feats of engineering.

OceanValentine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/15
Its been said before, but basically we live in a world of the haves and the have nots.
The rich will always try to disassociate themselves from the masses. Hard working, honest folk always have less earning power but that does not mean they don't have aspirations.
When the well-to-do see something that puts us on an equal footing as them and a blurring of the lines between "them" and "us" , they naturally don't like it...
But at the end of the day, us folk here on RWI and similar, are in it for the watches - pure and simple. We LOVE our watches, and that's the long and the short of it. They are not trophy items to us but a measure or expression of mans fascination with intricate machinery and feats of engineering.

Great post.

People who go out of there way like the videos the OP talk about have much greater problems. They are very insecure. Who cares if someone has a replica of what you are wearing. You should have bought it because you wanted it, not because no one else had it.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
My god my ears hurt and now i have a headache.... Archie your voice it hurts! go Away.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
My good my ears hurt and now i have a headache.... Archie your voice it hurts! go Away.

archieluxuryjpg_zps2d865a50.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Love the poster. I hope [MENTION=1952]sub4me[/MENTION] directs the movie.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Some rich folks love expensive stuff, in this case watches because of its exclusivity. When people that don't belong, rep owners, try to infiltrate their world by purchasing goods they are not good enough for, they get their panties in a bunch.
As a real man I could not care less what another man wears on his wrist, Gen or rep.
Lastly, alot of these people love to use the excuse of where the reps are made and what deplorable conditions they are made in, but have no issues with where their phones or other great number of goods are made under the same conditions.

Boristhespie

20/1/16
I like a watch based on how it looks. To be honest I ain't too bothered about names. Yes I like the idea of seeing how close makers can get to perfecting the immitation, that is a game really, but the look of a watch is what fires me up. My latest is a 10 quid watch from Ebay. Looks fantastic. Next it will be a nice Parnis i have my sights on and then hopefully one of the ones I have spotted here. That should be step up for me. These videos are full of snobs.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

pressureworld

24/7/07
GA
They are full of snobs. I was disappointed in The Urban Gentry for talking down on replicas. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

Reactions: ImageHunter

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I have 20 reps I suppose I could sell to get one gen that will depreciate 20-50 percent after purchase. I'd rather have 20 watches I can flip quickly and play around with and not pay 350-500 for a service... But that's just me. The biggest lie in these videos is that "real" watch enthusiasts only buy genuine. There are a fair amount of people on this board who do their own servicing, know every part of the gen watch inside and out, and some who even fabricate their own parts. They are just buying the watch industry propaganda.

Panerai is just a replica made by the Richmont Group.

pressureworld

24/7/07
GA
I agree with you. I'm very reluctant to purchase a gen because of the service cost which I find to be shockingly expensive. I heard guys bragging about paying Omega $750 to $1200 for service.

jhk6323

4/7/14
yes my favorite channel for a taiwan dealer got banned 4 times

he always uploaded QC video(very detailed) onto Youtube

imported

28/3/16
I think a large portion of super-rep buyers eventually buy gens. I used to have a rep Mont Blanc pen and one day I decided to buy a gen — I probably would have never bought a gen if I didn't get the rep first.

imported

28/3/16
I agree with you. I'm very reluctant to purchase a gen because of the service cost which I find to be shockingly expensive. I heard guys bragging about paying Omega $750 to $1200 for service.

Yeah, it's a watch not a car right!

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
Haha Archie is a top geezer, but he's so funny, I actually like him.
He's looking at investment, but me, I just want to own a ton of beautiful pieces, thats either possible by rep or from a sugar mommy!

austin1911

6/4/16
I like Archie! Errr Paul Pluta... You really can't take what he says personally, he says nasty things about everyone and that's why I like him. Plus he's entertaining and he knows a ton about watches. As for TGV (The Urban Gentry) I like him too but his videos are far too long and boring.