• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please Please Please pack your watches properly!!!!!!!!!

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
Hi all,
Received a watch yesterday all the way from South Africa to the UK.
It was wrapped twice in bubble wrap and put in this envelope.
You could clearly feel a watch was inside the envelope.
How it made it here at all and in one piece is a miracle.

Please pack your watches in a box ffs!!!!!

Rant over.

d7bcc55b1022e7471cb459725df8614e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wow , lucky !

Shame on shipper :(

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
Not a mark on it Dave [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterblaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/16
I've had a couple reps shipped like that by vendors which are considered trusted dealers here. I think they used a few more layers of bubble wrap though.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I will NEVER, ever in a million years of death understand how anyone with a brain and fancy of timepieces would EVER ship a watch in a bubble envelope.

:picard2:

I mean dumbasses, add $10 more dollars to the sale price and pack in a Flat Rate box or a small box PERIOD F*** me. In your PM's tell the buyer that their is $10 in the price for proper PACKING or negotiate $10 more to make it happen. Communicate this to your buyer. If the buyer says, "nah, ship it in a bubble packed envelope SAVE THE PM so if it gets damaged you can tell the staff, "look, this is what we negotiated". It aint rocket science noobs. Figure it out. And this is only like the 104,000th time I have read a thread like this.

And go in peace :bless:

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I've had a couple reps shipped like that by vendors which are considered trusted dealers here. I think they used a few more layers of bubble wrap though.

Not me..not ever. Who know's maybe the times have changed. Still makes me :facepalm:

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
NO watches should be shipped in an envelope. Period.

Not across the world, not to a neighbouring country, not to the next town.

D

d4m.test

This is a thread for [MENTION=90187]Martycus[/MENTION]

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I've gotten several watches from China shipped in a padded envelope. I cringe every time I see one of those envelopes.

The best one though was a watch Shoo shipped to me. It was in an envelope and wrapped in toilet paper. I have no idea how it survived, lol

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09

So have I....pissed me off and never bought another watch from him....he totally half-assed my order.

masterblaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/16
I could tell who always shipped them in jiffy bags... but I don't know if that'd be "TD-bashing"...

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Whoever asks.....as 4 me, I stick with 2 TD's and am very happy with them....