• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Micro Rotor

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
It's a good rep of the 5120, but the main issue is it being 39mm where the gen is 35mm. the difference is huge in diameter, so it will show that you have a big watch on your wrist, where this watch would be a smaller size.. not going to mention the thickness at 8.5mm for the rep..

Other than the size of the watch, it's pretty good details.

oh, and it doesn't come in rose gold.. only white gold , and yellow gold

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
Thanks Godfather for the infos. So am I safe to say that only the 5227 with miyota is the closest to gen interms of size and thickness?

Thanks

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Thanks Godfather for the infos. So am I safe to say that only the 5227 with miyota is the closest to gen interms of size and thickness?

Thanks

yes, but be careful, the Miyota was installed in a 5227 version where it had a decorated movement, this is thick, find the one that they made earlier, with no deco movement, that had a great thickness and combine it with a gen Patek Philippe strap, and you are business. :)

Good luck..

jeouz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/16
yes, but be careful, the Miyota was installed in a 5227 version where it had a decorated movement, this is thick, find the one that they made earlier, with no deco movement, that had a great thickness and combine it with a gen Patek Philippe strap, and you are business. :)

Good luck..

Hello Godfathar,

you know any TD which has this 5227 with the old Version? I asked Ken and he didn't understand what i wanted. So Calatrava 5227 Miyota V1 (without decorated movement) should be 39x9,5mm size?

Jdubtriple8

Horology Curious
23/6/13
Great advice on the 5227 with gen strap. Godfathar's collection looks amazing. I'd love to get a white gold version with maybe a brown strap.

- the gen straps aren't too bad in price assuming this is the real deal. have a look at these on the bay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/162094648274?lpid=107&chn=ps edit:d'oh! farkin hell- that was a dumb mistake- genuine "leather" haha. not Genuine Patek...

What's the proper size for the 5227 and how much is the real genuine strap?

Jdubtriple8

Horology Curious
23/6/13
Looks like it's 19mm at the lugs 16 at the buckle. Slowly finding my own answers. Oh well, at least I'm no longer lurking...

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
I know this is a rep forum but if your interested in micro rotors I suggest taking alook at universal Geneva micro rotors on eBay.

UG once upon a time made movements for Patek.

Also I bought for $200 I got really lucky I guess the seller must have listed it wrong
It keeps perfect time

OZesXlV.jpg