• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wind Direction for AP Offshore Diver V7 with 2824 movement

kaner6

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/15
Guys,

Any input into the wind direction for this movement? I searched through the movement section but nothing popped up. I know the Swiss is a bidirectional but the clone movement sounds different based on the direction I wind. I know winding should be kept to a minimum, but I am curious if it is the same as Swiss.

Thanks

Kaner

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
In order to accurately find out you need to put a windsock on it. Lol

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
i dont believe that the swiss is bidirectional.. at least from my limited knowledge. the direction for winding away from you, i wouldnt worry about over winding it as its a pretty solid movement, a good 40 winds should do it

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
are you trying to put it on a winder? is that what you are asking?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
The crown winds clockwise as you look at it. On a winder you set bidirectional winding as the rotor winds like that.

There is nothing wrong with manually winding the movement for 30-40 turns with the crown if the mainspring is wound down, and all gen watches fitted with this movement have instructions to do so in their manuals. There is a manual wind only version of the 2824 that's identical except it doesn't have the rotor and automatic winding wheels.

D

d4m.test

It winds forward and if doing so You should rock it back and fourth.
Just posted in another thread: I don´t wind unserviced reps, well because they are just reps. As I haven´t serviced any yet... I don´t wind any of my watches and never had a broken stem etc. etc. Power reserve (after 2 days on the wrist) is between 36 and 44 hours as standard.
I don´t wind my AP Diver V5.1 either, although it´s solid as a rock and very inviting.

kaner6

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/15
Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I do have a winder and wanted to make sure it was ok on it.

Thanks

Kaner

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I don´t wind any of my watches and never had a broken stem etc. etc. Power reserve (after 2 days on the wrist) is between 36 and 44 hours as standard.
I don´t wind my AP Diver V5.1 either, although it´s solid as a rock and very inviting.

Well I wind all my reps even if not serviced and never had a broken stem!! It's all a bit of a myth frankly that reps shouldn't be wound.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Well I wind all my reps even if not serviced and never had a broken stem!! It's all a bit of a myth frankly that reps shouldn't be wound.

Agreed! The only movement that you maybe should worry about is the A7750's that come in reps do have pretty cheap winding gears and they need to be handled gently.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Agreed! The only movement that you maybe should worry about is the A7750's that come in reps do have pretty cheap winding gears and they need to be handled gently.

All the rep movements have come a long way since the early days 10 years ago. But back then you could almost always get the option of a gen ETA movement for extra $'s. The original a7750's were terrible - dirty, bits of metal swarf floating around and dry unlubed jewels etc. These days they're much better made and better put together, but it's true that some train wheels and keyless works are made of softer metal than their ETA versions.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I just replaced a dirty half working rep 7750 with a clean new factory freshh A7750 and the difference was night and day. I've been winding the hell out of it and playing with the chronos every day just trying to test it and it seems unlike every other 7750 rep I've owned. I'll say it again that I honestly believe the movement factory sells their crap movement to the rep factories knowing they wont have any warranty issues.

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
assuming the info I have is correct, on my list for my winder I have bi-directional 6-700 TPD