• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

900 Milllion Smackers

D

d4m.test

A family in my community in Oregon won something like $340 million around 07-08 I think? They were already well off and as far as I am aware, none of the "lottery jinx" has happened to them, mostly because they are educated and already had money, and were good at managing it.

All the lottery is, is another way for the government to extract money from its citizens on top of taxes. Why do you think states like New York outlaw gambling but yet allow a lottery? Because state and Federal governments get more of your money. Look at the demos of people playing the lottery, it is all low income people trying to get rich quick because it is dangled in their face. Yet they dont realize they are never going to win and are just giving all their money to the government.

Oh and if you do win, you have to give the government back part of its own money they are giving to you...

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
I agree. Winning sounds more like a curse.

No way. I'll gladly take that curse.... And spend it in the absolute best ways! Real estate, yachts, jets, cars, exotic travel. I know exactly what to buy from every category, lol... I'd spend it better than most!

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
A family in my community in Oregon won something like $340 million around 07-08 I think? They were already well off and as far as I am aware, none of the "lottery jinx" has happened to them, mostly because they are educated and already had money, and were good at managing it.

All the lottery is, is another way for the government to extract money from its citizens on top of taxes. Why do you think states like New York outlaw gambling but yet allow a lottery? Because state and Federal governments get more of your money. Look at the demos of people playing the lottery, it is all low income people trying to get rich quick because it is dangled in their face. Yet they dont realize they are never going to win and are just giving all their money to the government.

Oh and if you do win, you have to give the government back part of its own money they are giving to you...

Very well said J!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
He's probably smart and has a good personality.

...and she might have neither brains or a good personality but it doesn't really matter.
hearts-031.gif

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I still don't understand why they come up with such large winnings.
because my dear Lady (since you refer to "bitch" in the first person I'm assuming you are female) people are greedy that's why.

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
because my dear Lady (since you refer to "bitch" in the first person I'm assuming you are female) people are greedy that's why.

No, actually, I'm a men. But English isn't my first language, and I thought English speaking people used that expression no matter the sex of the person, in certain instances. I'm sorry if I was mistaken and/or offensive to anyone.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I won!!!!
I won!!!!

...... 4 dollars :)

Wow congrats to Fiddo for breaking the odds...Hmmm things you can buy for 4 dollars, perhaps a dozen eggs or a gallon of milk or maybe take the little lady out to a nice Mexican restaurant, Taco Bell.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Wow congrats to Fiddo for breaking the odds...Hmmm things you can buy for 4 dollars, perhaps a dozen eggs or a gallon of milk or maybe take the little lady out to a nice Mexican restaurant, Taco Bell.

It all went towards a down-payment on a pizza last night. :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No, actually, I'm a men. But English isn't my first language, and I thought English speaking people used that expression no matter the sex of the person, in certain instances. I'm sorry if I was mistaken and/or offensive to anyone.

You called yourself a bitch so the only person you could have offended is yourself :)
No as a noun it's feminine. It can also be used as a verb "to bitch" is to complain strongly about something.

You may also say something like "That's a bitch" meaning that a situation is bad or a undesirable. For example: Mike says "Dave left here driving really fast and ran into a tree" and Jack replies "Oh that's a bitch". A situation may also be "bitching" meaning good or excellent. For example "Man, that's a bitching new franken tc sub that Bill bought!". Both of these examples would be considered slang usage rather than proper English.

BTW it's "I'm a man" or "I'm male" as men is plural.

English lesson over :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Man, this turned out to be a bitchin thread. :thumbup:

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
You called yourself a bitch so the only person you could have offended is yourself :)
No as a noun it's feminine. It can also be used as a verb "to bitch" is to complain strongly about something.

You may also say something like "That's a bitch" meaning that a situation is bad or a undesirable. For example: Mike says "Dave left here driving really fast and ran into a tree" and Jack replies "Oh that's a bitch". A situation may also be "bitching" meaning good or excellent. For example "Man, that's a bitching new franken tc sub that Bill bought!". Both of these examples would be considered slang usage rather than proper English.

BTW it's "I'm a man" or "I'm male" as men is plural.

English lesson over :D

Hi again!

Obviously, I knew that, in it's most correct literary form, "bitch" is a feminine noun to describe a female dog, as opposed to a stud, which would be a male dog, used in breeding to produce offspring. Or used as an insult to a woman (which is no bueno).

I simply thought that the slang word could be applied to either men or women, depending on the situation. My bad. Where I live, when speaking French, we do use the word rather casually. It simply doesn't have as much negative connotation as it does in English, just like we use the F word rather often in French, or sh-t or Chr-st, which I believe are really frowned upon in English conversation, at least in well-behaved circles!

As to men vs. man, I knew this one. Simply inattention typo, I guess!

Have a nice day!

dalve

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/15
I actually would not have taken that much money even if it was given to me. I manage fine just the way things are now, and I think having a 9-digit bank account would only complicate things. I can't imagine how the lives of the people who just won the powerball are going to change over the next few months.