• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ToroBravo Credit Card Payments

pelotonjon

Looking Around
18/1/16
I joined this site after becoming interested in a Noob V6 Submariner (long time lurker). I was drawn into Toro Bravo after reading all the good experiences here. I know they don't take PayPal from new users, so I was prepared place payment with them directly.

I then noticed that their credit card payment page (where you actually enter your credit number), is not a private connection (doesn't start with https://). It would be very inadvisable to enter credit card numbers over the internet on a non-private website.

Just wanted to give the users here a heads-up.

pelotonjon

Looking Around
18/1/16
I know how it looks...

Like I said, I have been lurking a long time. I just thought people should know that the part of Toro's ordering system that transmits your credit card numbers is not a private connection.

I have contacted Toro as well.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You joined today?

pelotonjon

Looking Around
18/1/16
Yes, joined today to post that. If anyone feels the post is inappropriate I will remove it.

I'm not saying anything bad about Toro's service or anything like that, just advising caution in entering credit card numbers on the current system.

D

d4m.test

Any information You send over the internet is insecure, be it over a http or https connection;
Have paid at least a dozen times over Toro´s site with a "safe" Credit Card and it was fast,
cheap, efficient so I´m happy;
Over the last couple of Years I have seen no report whatsoever about an "incident" at Toro´s.
Once You travel 2 weeks to a 3rd World country (really "travel" around, not staying in the Holiday resort)
You soon discover Your CC is handled direct and indirectly by literally 100s of people and You can´t do
anything about it - except travelling with cash - and that is even less advisable;

Use a separate banc account, low on funds;
Use safe CC providers or 1-transaction cards;
But this is just common sense for any Internet transaction from times before Paypal
Just pay with WU, it costs $40-$60 more from my place but the TD gives a discount

Nordic

Known Member
20/12/15
Use a separate banc account, low on funds;
Use safe CC providers or 1-transaction cards;
But this is just common sense for any Internet transaction from times before Paypal
Just pay with WU, it costs $40-$60 more from my place but the TD gives a discount

+1

John John

17/12/15
I was aware of this and I took the risk. No issues except high CC fees. I suggest you will rather pay with Western Union.

I don't know why people are so upset about his hint. Doesn't matter if this is his first or 1000th post. It has IMO more substance than "awesome first post" or "you joined today?"

karen36

4/12/11
reminds me in

I'm just new here,
I don't know anything yet,
but let me tell you how it's done

Sent from my iPad with tapatalk

John John

17/12/15
reminds me in

I'm just new here,
I don't know anything yet,
but let me tell you how it's done

You know what? I like the GolfWRX forum policy "Posting here is a privilege, not a right" Think about it.

ChadG

Horology Curious
17/1/16
Great first post! I have been reading on this web site for a while and just joined. I want to get a Pam 127 from Toro and was wondering 1) how safe it was and 2) how long it would take to get my watch in? I sent them an email and haven't heard anything from them. Can anyone tell be how it takes to get a watch?

Acid_pixel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/15
do not use credit card for payment. there are too many hidden additional cost involved. i paid almost 16% more from the final bill which imo is ridiculous. and i really wonder who truly benefited from the additional margin spread taken.

seems that WU is a preferred payment mode here.