• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gaytona in the flesh

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
oh geez that's awful. I've seen them in a rolex cataloge and felt embarassed for myself.

yowatsu9

4/12/14
The AD should have better Rolex pieces on display, not that blinged out atrocity. I'd want people to see Rolex for the elegant, traditional, classy brand it is. If you wanted to show some added flash throw a RG sky dweller in there and a presidential with diamond markers. Sadly people may see that Daytona and associate it with the Rolex standard.
So ugly, it should be pixelated or censored before posting..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I say again, why the hell are they displaying watches in shrinkwrap? They don't even come that way from Rolex, are they using reps in the window in case of robbery?

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
I say again, why the hell are they displaying watches in shrinkwrap? They don't even come that way from Rolex, are they using reps in the window in case of robbery?

I have no idea, but from many of the genuine dealers I have visited, almost all of the watches on display are shrink wrapped. You could of course request that they remove the wrap to see it which they would oblige.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
It's an abomination.......and everyone who sees it will think it's a fake. For the same amount of money, you could buy a tasteful Rolex and still have enough left over to pick up a very nice pre-owned Patek. And as an added bonus, you'll look like you actually have some class rather than look like a 1970's pimp.

JAFO

16/10/13
Justin Bieber wears one. 'Nuff said.

And how do I know this? Because my 15 year old daughter asked me if it was a fake - she does that with every celebrity and bag/swag/watch. Sadly I had to tell her it was a gen Gaytona. She could not believe Rolex would produce such an ugly watch OR that any idiot would wear it.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I have no idea, but from many of the genuine dealers I have visited, almost all of the watches on display are shrink wrapped. You could of course request that they remove the wrap to see it which they would oblige.
Odd, Rolex may have started shipping them that way but dayum, if you are a car dealer displaying a 30k car you don't leave the transport wax and plastic protection on it do you? Neither should a jeweller leave covering on a watch they expect you to buy. I am honestly surprised Rolex don't have something to say about the practice.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Not just Rolex mate, all the brands do similar things. It might be the dealer who does that instead of Rolex. But I do recall that Rolex boutiques do cover displays pieces with shrink wrap as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Not just Rolex mate, all the brands do similar things. It might be the dealer who does that instead of Rolex. But I do recall that Rolex boutiques do cover displays pieces with shrink wrap as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously? That is just so wrong.