• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What have i bought ?

wertyu

Known Member
25/12/15
Went to a market today near birmingham and found a watch seller who was Chinese selling few reps .

Im not certain if its a latest model or old rep , but ill real impressed with the quality of it .

supposed to be an eta movement ill check when i get some tools but even so it feel great on the wrist .

Paid £160

any thoughts ?

it was getting dark so photo no that good

wertyu

Known Member
25/12/15
feels real good quality , the bracelet is real nice and high quality .

i felt cheap and this one is far from it .

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
i think you spent too much.

Why didn't you put that money into the Noob offering? You could get a Noob with an asian clone for just a little bit more?

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
it looks like the hands could be repressed too. the minute hand is after the hour while the hour hand is slightly before the hour. easy fix for someone.

wertyu

Known Member
25/12/15
I got others on route from TD , i just seen this today in the flesh and could not resist , it had box etc with it as well so not complete loss if the ones on route are as good or better ill lbe happy.

jajajaja

Known Member
23/11/15
I got others on route from TD , i just seen this today in the flesh and could not resist , it had box etc with it as well so not complete loss if the ones on route are as good or better ill lbe happy.

Hmmm I have a star wars pez dispenser if you're pleased that easily .. ;). just kidding. I've seen worse though. But I agree that you overpaid. You can get better for your money.
There is a lot of great info and there are a lot of great offers on this board. So read some reviews and next time you'll get bang for your buck!

wertyu

Known Member
25/12/15
Yeah might be easy to impress but Honestly the quality is amazing on it it feels better than my real seiko mwc and tissot watches .

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
I wouldn't disagree with the others in terms of value but honestly if you're happy then that's all that matters. Sometimes it's funny: we harp when people are too picky with dealers and QCs but we also harp when people buy things that aren't "perfect".

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Plastic bezel and cheap pearl. I'll be interested to see the "ETA" engine.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Nobody's knocking you for buying it. It's fun to go watch shopping and handle the watches before they are purchased. However, don't be under the illusion that it is anything other than a cheap Canal Street rep.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I would say post some pictures of the box it came with. Did it come with papers too?

A nice Box is around $50 or so, so as you put it maybe not a total loss in this, but agreed with the others not a great piece. However, I know the feeling of being so consumed with this that you want to find something ASAP and can't wait any more, that is why most of my pieces came M2M.

Regardless, if you like it, wear it and love it! We do this for ourselves and if you love it, more power to you!!!

wertyu

Known Member
25/12/15
my thoughts were that good watch cheap bezel , and you dont really start learning until you got something in your hand to compare against but still happy with it , tbh i did not want to spend a lot on a sub as i thought they would be to big for my wrists but in fact they are perfect and was really impressed with the looks of them , so ill be going for a real good version asap.

ill take some pics of box tomorrow .

easfarmers

20/11/15

Why do you need the box for? Lol

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I've seen worse, lots worse and if you like it then alles gut, enjoy.

D

d4m.test

It´s not the best and the pics don´t help, it´s not the worst either.

Just for info and overpayment or not, the cheapest ceramic cartel rolsub with 21j movement costs $188 plus $70 transshipping to the continental EU via UK.
$258 USD = 178 GBP.
With direct shipping to the UK only (cheaper) the price paid is the same as getting a BP submariner from Trusty (not a TD on here and a bit expensive, but a well known dealer anyway). (not saying it´s a BP sub either, pics are just too small).

As first rep You can do a lot worse, so I´d wear it as a beater.

jajajaja

Known Member
23/11/15
I wouldn't disagree with the others in terms of value but honestly if you're happy then that's all that matters. Sometimes it's funny: we harp when people are too picky with dealers and QCs but we also harp when people buy things that aren't "perfect".

True! We scrutinize too much. Enjoy OP