• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received the latest AP 15400 RG watches by the JF fac

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Hey folks!

As soon as I saw that JF released the RG 15400 I took a blind leap and sold my modded TF watches to fund these. Let me tell you, it was worth it!

These JF 15400's are in a whole other league, the attention to detail is astounding and the level of finishing is amazing. The brushed and polished surfaces look extremely gen-like. Even the crystal is pretty good, I used to send it in for double AR the minute I received these watches but now I am not sure what I will do. It's definitely not as crystal clear as the AR'd crystals but it might be clear enough to pass. It also looks great while reflecting off light.

As usual, the rep straps are crap, will have to get custom Jacob straps for these. I was planning to use the gator straps that Jacob made me for my TF watches and I am super annoyed that JF decided to mod the endlinks so the old straps won't fit. Neither will a gen strap for that matter. JF added a protruding small piece that is not like other endlinks, I will attach a photo for your reference. I might just order from my td TF endlinks and use those to install my old straps and save me some cash. Will think about it. I know SMP_lover is working on his own inserts, will see how they come out.

I also received now the blue dial as well, that watch looks beautiful! It has a much more gen-like look that the TF version, and for me I think it is mainly due to the bezel screws. The high finishing level plays a part as well... There are plenty of photos of this model on the other threads so I will stop here.

Here is my final word, if you are debating between the TF and JF, get the JF and don't look back.

Anyway, enough rambling - here they are, enjoy:

Black dial:

White dial:

Here is the stainless steel blue dial on bracelet:

And here is the JF endlinks that are so different:

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
WOW! Those look great! I am debating on selling my TF 15400 with Prof's Double AR and going to the JF, but I have a BK Sub-C on it's way, so it will have to wait a bit.

Thanks for sharing, great pictures!!!

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
As usual, great stuff phantom! thanks for sharing. Admiring that yacht master behind as well too...

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
I just wonder if the plating would fade on these gold watches. :|

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Excellent! Those look amazing!!!!! One quick question in your opinion, between the black and silver dial which one looks better not talking just accuracy but in general, for example the DW font seems thinner on the silver dial, to my eyes at least, if you had to pick what would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Excellent! Those look amazing!!!!! One quick question in your opinion, between the black and silver dial which one looks better not talking just accuracy but in general, for example the DW font seems thinner on the silver dial, to my eyes at least, if you had to pick what would it be?

Im a sucker for black dials so thats my pick. But the silver dial is almost equally as stunning..

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Good to know, I'll be getting mine soon I hope, do these new batches come with the sanded or polished rotors?, my blue SS came with the polished one and it always bothered me

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
@Phantomtech that's awesome!
Those are in the pics are the rep straps? im a little bit confused
I have to thank you about this review because i wasnt sure about my decision to get the jf 15400 and then i bought 2 that are on their way to me both RG and SS.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
@Phantomtech that's awesome!
Those are in the pics are the rep straps? im a little bit confused
I have to thank you about this review because i wasnt sure about my decision to get the jf 15400 and then i bought 2 that are on their way to me both RG and SS.

Yup these are rep straps, you can't see the horrible quality through the photo?

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Congrats buddy and thx for sharing, they're awesome ;)

Byrnedogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/14
Thanks for that. Great pics. Such class!

masahide

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/15
Those rep straps look pretty decent though. My JF 15400 black dial is getting a lot of wrist time lately. Like you said the quality is astounding but I was kinda bothered by the smaller dial tape.

Anyway the RG black dial is really tempting me! But probably a ROO or Rolex next.

D

d4m.test

[MENTION=56325]Phantomtech[/MENTION] I would love to hear your thoughts on JF crystal vs Prof crystal. Obviously Prof's are clearer, but is there a big glare off of JF's crystal?

I can't stop thinking about the RG AP, I had a SS 15400 w/ Prof crystal and regret selling it

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
[MENTION=56325]Phantomtech[/MENTION] I would love to hear your thoughts on JF crystal vs Prof crystal. Obviously Prof's are clearer, but is there a big glare off of JF's crystal?

I can't stop thinking about the RG AP, I had a SS 15400 w/ Prof crystal and regret selling it

The JF crystal is unlike any rep crystal I've seen before. Yes it has a reflection but the clarity is great. Some even prefer the glare to no glare since that adds to the shininess of the watch. I think I am starting to lean towards that group..

SpackJarrow

Renowned Member
13/4/15
I'm a sucker for black dials too! But that blue dial ! Took my breath away! 41mm though. Small wrists issues.

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Finally my QC pictures are here, already accepted the watch so if you see something with your super-developed mutant eyesight don't tell me :), I can't tell from the pictures if the rotor is brushed or polished, guess it's just luck of the draw! I can't wait to have this baby on my wrist! Thank you all for the info an support!
b6655c9f36db211fd673550ddb2a28fc.jpg
5c0d44f678b07713e176306a54655b73.jpg
dd5d4295a123e9f102d6bccdbe47aa5b.jpg
5dd11d218e4e5aed026ef46c11168af0.jpg

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Just got mine in yesterday. Got one with leather- which is pretty bad. Not that you'd expect anything different from reps, but some of the JF APs have had excellent straps.