• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have you ever fooled a dealer?

shuelat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/16
Has anyone ever taken their watch to an AD and passed it as a gen without taking off the casing ? If so which watch and factory?

FredZ

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/8/14
Has anyone ever taken their watch to an AD and passed it as a gen without taking off the casing ? If so which watch and factory?

This post sir may get you banned.. First and most important rule, stay away from AD when wearing a rep

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

elchino

Renowned Member
9/11/14
4f44cf6d72d649cc3decca2ea97c8d10.jpg

D

d4m.test

An AD wants to sell You a watch. If he recognized You wearing a rep he would just say: Oh, what a nice watch You have, may I also interest You in this model, Sir?
Or maybe a new strap for the beautiful model You are wearing?
You haven´t fooled him, he´s cleverer than You and knows better. What would he gain in calling You (or anybody else) out?
If You are bringing it in for service it´s different, he has to tell You.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Why would you do that? Would take a kit car Ferrari and park it on the gen dealer's forecourt? You wouldn't would you because that would be rude and insulting so why would you propose to do the same to a watch dealer?

Oke, say he spots a fake and then thinks to himself "Hmm, that's a fake but damn, it's a very good fake. Fakes that good will cost me money so why are <insert gen brand name here> not doing something about it?" He then complains to the gen brand and tells them to crack down on these fakes. Gen brand then becomes more proactive at stopping the "flood of high class fakes" to keep AD happy. We don't want that!!!

Think once, think twice, think don't be a dick and don't take reps to an AD.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Let's cut the OP some slack and give him another chance. The medieval courts had jesters. We need our own court fool.

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
I just went to a Torneau and Omega AD recently wearing my very accurate, decorated swiss eddie lee pam217. Went right into my pocket. Plus, how do you try on watches when you're wearing one?

shuelat

8/1/16
Lol wow I just got absolutely roasted. My bad guys. Am a newbie have spent countless days and nights researching and have come up with a bit of information but still a little difficult to narrow down a selection.
Thought I could get some help.

I remember reading a post with someone fooling a shop until he told them it was a rep so I though I could get some similar stories..

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
This one OP:

e09f877cc96bd2b47c828f0aac4f5ef4.jpg

Fools the best of them and gets the ladies

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

shuelat

8/1/16
Really just trying to find peoples opinions on the best rep they've come accross to date

elchino

Renowned Member
9/11/14
Really just trying to find peoples opinions on the best rep they've come accross to date

All you have to do is search and read a lot, all the info you're looking for is here, you just have to take your time and (once again) read.

shuelat

8/1/16
Hey, which model is that? First time I've seen it and am starting to drool lol

shuelat

8/1/16
Well just did a bit of research and found it doesnt even exist :console:feel pretty stupid now lol